Author Topic: Event[0] - Me, Myself, and an AI  (Read 2866 times)

In a world where humankind has embraced artificial intelligence, you are stranded on an abandoned spaceship.
Event[0] is a game about building a personal relationship with a machine.
You type messages into a computer, and Kaizen answers. As in any relationship, you experience gratitude, disappointment, and sometimes jealousy. It is by working through fears and anxieties of your virtual companion that you will find your way back to Earth.

Got this game yesterday and I gotta say I love it.
It's $20 on Steam, which I can say was well worth the experience. It's got an Aliens technology vibe to it, as in the high-tech in it feels like it comes out of a vintage 70s/80s Sci-Fi. It also draws big inspiration from 2001: Space Oddysey (I wonder why)

You're a flight engineer sent on a mission to land on Europa, a moon of Jupiter. You get separated from the rest of your crew when there is a catastrophic failure on the ship, the escape pod sending you out into the void of space, failing to hail any of your comrades.
Thankfully, there is one ship nearby, an abandoned vessel called the Nautilus. It's only inhabitant is an AI called Kaizen. Perhaps you could get home from there.
Something about communicating with this AI, it was really cool. It's not like a regular dialogue where you would have like four options, you can ask it whatever you desire, worded however you type it. Sure, sometimes the AI falls flat on its face and can be hard to communicate what you want with it. However, there are moments where it feels real, and those moments made this game well worth it for me.

Have some screenshots:

But can you forget the robot

what happens if you say melon to it
the whole spaceship just fukin explodes

But can you forget the robot

askin' the real questions you degenerate forget

i can't believe cleverbot got a game

ohh cool im glad a thread for this game got made. i bought it yesterday, and played through one of the endings. i liked it quite a bit, tbh. i hope it gets more attention down the road