Poll

Which race would you choose?

Human
Dwarf
Orc
Goblin

Author Topic: The Legendary Crusade (New Poll)  (Read 3570 times)

When will this be hosted?

Its not entirely done yet, we still have things to do, but the aim is to try and finish up by summer break, and then do a closed beta to try and flush out bugs and an open beta later on after that.

Holy... this is going to be awesome. Good luck!

Holy... this is going to be awesome. Good luck!
This looks amazing

Thanks guys im glad everyone seems to like it so far

Pvp is enabled everywhere excluding safezones, which means you can die from another player at ANY time. There is no such thing as "RDMing" in this game either you kill, or get killed. There are also no level restrictions for pvp as well.
just noticed this, no level scaling for pvp? so theres nothing to stop level 20's from just hanging around the starting areas and killing level 1's? seems like you should have some sort of restrictions on pvp, otherwise itll just turn into high levels destroying lower level players, not making it fun for them

just noticed this, no level scaling for pvp? so theres nothing to stop level 20's from just hanging around the starting areas and killing level 1's? seems like you should have some sort of restrictions on pvp, otherwise itll just turn into high levels destroying lower level players, not making it fun for them

Well there's no levels, I went for a different approach where you get stronger based on your health, So after completing different things you gain more health, And to do more damage you have to get better weapons. And for the most part as long as your progressing at a steady pace you'll be able to withstand a pvp attack.

Another reason why i kept it this way is because I play WoW, and in Goldshire the horde ganks it all the time, but nothing feels better than having your peers chase them off and defeat them. So that's also why I promote team play, so that your higher ups, or you as a higher up can protect your teammates.

EDIT: Also things are interchangable, because we still have to do the beta and we'll change things based on how that goes.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 11:47:52 AM by YounqD »

Well there's no levels, I went for a different approach where you get stronger based on your health, So after completing different things you gain more health, And to do more damage you have to get better weapons. And for the most part as long as your progressing at a steady pace you'll be able to withstand a pvp attack.

Another reason why i kept it this way is because I play WoW, and in Goldshire the horde ganks it all the time, but nothing feels better than having your peers chase them off and defeat them. So that's also why I promote team play, so that your higher ups, or you as a higher up can protect your teammates.
yeah but having more health + a better weapon is still giving you a big advantage over low levels. itll be interesting to see how it works, but might discourage new players if theyre being essentially spawnkilled by higher level people. you could make it so the first couple areas are pve only so players can get a hang of things, and then push them into all pvp areas. or you did say you wanna promote teamplay, so you could force players to join a guild. have like 3-4 preset guilds per race or something that players can join, and you wouldn't be able to kill members of your guild unless you left.

just some ideas tho, all pvp isnt a bad idea, just making the assumption that there would be some toxic players that might try to abuse it on the server lol

yeah but having more health + a better weapon is still giving you a big advantage over low levels. itll be interesting to see how it works, but might discourage new players if theyre being essentially spawnkilled by higher level people. you could make it so the first couple areas are pve only so players can get a hang of things, and then push them into all pvp areas. or you did say you wanna promote teamplay, so you could force players to join a guild. have like 3-4 preset guilds per race or something that players can join, and you wouldn't be able to kill members of your guild unless you left.

just some ideas tho, all pvp isnt a bad idea, just making the assumption that there would be some toxic players that might try to abuse it on the server lol

Yeah the very first area is pve only, I could extend it to the second or even the third if needed, so they'll have time to get better before going into the pvp area.

have like 3-4 preset guilds per race or something that players can join, and you wouldn't be able to kill members of your guild unless you left.

Just to clear things up, Humans & Dwarfs are on the same team, they wouldn't be able to kill each other, same with Orc & Goblins. I just made 4 races so that there's more variety as to what you wanna be. They don't have any special buffs per race either, its merely cosmetic, Dwarfs and Goblins are slightly smaller than Humans and Orcs.

EWW
I DONT LIKE EM
I DONT LIKE GOBLINS

so out of curiosity are you basing this off of world of warcraft, in general gameplay and classing?

so out of curiosity are you basing this off of world of warcraft, in general gameplay and classing?

Yeah somewhat, pretty much the warrior class is tank, mage is heals, and archer is damage. I mean of course warrior can also be damage based on what weapons you have but yeah its somewhat based off of WoW