is it weird that biology is easier to me than chemical-based science?

Author Topic: is it weird that biology is easier to me than chemical-based science?  (Read 1199 times)

see, it isn't technically chemistry (chemistry is a whole different class). you touch the basics of chemistry (i.e balancing formulas, making bohr models), while most of the other stuff is earth science and astronomy.

see, it isn't technically chemistry (chemistry is a whole different class). you touch the basics of chemistry (i.e balancing formulas, making bohr models), while most of the other stuff is earth science and astronomy.
taking chemistry as a sophomore and it's easy as forget, I've never had a hard science class

chemistry killed me when i was a sophomore, but luckily i only had to take one year of it. i don't think i even memorized the periodic table lol

physical science and biology are both 1 semester classes.

chemistry killed me when i was a sophomore, but luckily i only had to take one year of it. i don't think i even memorized the periodic table lol

Same here. chemistry was the ONLY science class that ive ever gotten less than a B, which in turn is the only one Ive ever failed. Changing school didn't help me at either.

physical science and biology are both 1 semester classes.

At this point Im wondering if you realize that other states/countries teach things differently. In my schools we didn't have physical science, instead we had a full year of biology. When i learned biology it was during my freshmen year, while other school teach it senior year. Then we had a choice of either chemistry or earth science for sophomore, then juniors had either physics, chem, or earth, then senior year added astronomy.

i took biology as an 8th grader, believe it or not, and it was just fine, balls easy in fact mostly because my teacher is pretty damn cool. biology is mostly memorization and there really isn't much math involved unlike chemistry and physics

speaking of physics, that's almost entirely math and some memorization (like formulas and the like). i have yet to take chemistry so I have no clue what that's like

what's easy and hard will be different for everyone
for classes like these, the years you take them is usually pretty arbitrary if it doesn't actually require another class

biology is a freshman class where i'm at

physical science was easy af we got that stuff in 8th grade

Biology is difficult for me, but I suspect it's because I a) go to a college prep private school and b) my teacher is notorious for being very difficult.

AP Bio is currently kicking my ass pretty hard. Chemistry, however, is probably the easiest science class I've taken so far.

i dunno the sciences are all fairly easy to me, but it's hard to say the order since i've only taken AP bio (though i've taken all the regular ones)

although i do find that kind of weird since chemistry is more math than anything while biology actually requires understanding stuff
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 06:17:46 PM by TristanLuigi »

physical science isn't even taught at my school, they just combined it with Advanced integrated science and called it a day lol

Chemistry was also easy after learning the basics of bonding and learning how the periodic table is set up.

Other way around for me.