Author Topic: So what're we gonna do about the nubs?  (Read 4242 times)

As you might have noticed, there's been a huge burst of n00bs, trolls, flamers, and the like, particularly around the 3200+ area. It also includes spammers, spawners, minigame abusers, that kind of crap; Even some build thieves, in the case of Ace and his track.

So my question to all of you is what we're gonna do about this mess; Obviously we can't drive 'em out or something, but we've gotta do something about it. Preferably not along the lines of mass bannage, but something must be done. Seriously. THEY MUST CEASE THIS NUBBERY AT ONCE.

Discuse

This may need to be moved to drama. Feel free to do so.

OO OO I KNOW! LETS STOP MAKING A BIG DEAL OUT OF A LITTLE PROBLEM!

Oh wow some noobs joined. Press the ban button, ban them for a day or so untill they can grow up. If that fails start a re-education server that hosts an advanced version of the tutorial, then when you pass it it will add you to a list, then the server hosts use a add-on to grab data from said list so you can see who has and hasnt passed it.

Become nubbier than them so they get annoyed and leave Blockland.

Become nubbier than them so they get annoyed and leave Blockland.
Then I would have to ban everyone. Not good solution, considering that once your back to normal you wont be able to join any servers.

But if EVERYONE acts nubby until all the true nubs leave, then none of the truely non-nubs would be banned because they would all have been at the same nub level and returned to normal once the true nubs left.

It's time to take my old Online Tutorial out of retirement.

Hosting nowish.

I say we cut off their thumbs and pinky toes!1!!!1!1

Solution: Don't play with them.

I try to stray as far from discrimination as possible, but it seems like the most accurate solution is to ban anyone with the ID of 3,000 or above. However, I'd feel awful doing this, since some of them may be somewhat decent and mature.

Ultimately, there's no accurate way to repel noobs from your server. I guess you just have to play with them for a while and get to know them before you classify them as noobs.

Here how I avoid such annoyance.
Mainly go into servers your admin in so you can ban/kick them.

I try to stray as far from discrimination as possible, but it seems like the most accurate solution is to ban anyone with the ID of 3,000 or above. However, I'd feel awful doing this, since some of them may be somewhat decent and mature.

Ultimately, there's no accurate way to repel noobs from your server. I guess you just have to play with them for a while and get to know them before you classify them as noobs.
So you would ban Snot?

So you would ban Snot?

'Coarse not! How DARE you suggest such a thing.

it isnt like me to say this but i have a great idea

genocide

you know mass killings

i know you dont understand dread idc

ID of 3600ish here. I couldn't help my high ID but most people are courteous enough to not ban me on sight, talk to me a bit and then don't class me as a noob. It's still a pain being brown townysed though, but the only choice people with a high ID has is to stick it out, and wait for the next thousand ID generation to arrive, thus removing a bit of the noob status.

I found it quite funny to be accused of being an undercover agent of Badspot once, because of my decent spelling, grammar and building skills. Funny they jump to such a conclusion when it's more likely people like me are either older, or just more mature. Oh well, it was funny. I won't name who said it, to save them the embarassment. ;)

Dear General Omega,

First of all, genocide isn't just a random mass of killing. It's the deliberate and systematic destruction of an entire people who belong to one racial, political, cultural or religious group.

Second of all, can you please leave me alone? I believe you referred to me when you said the following quote, and it was completely out of place and unnecessary.

i know you dont understand dread idc

So, please, grow up and learn how to spell.

Love, Dread <3
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 10:28:42 PM by Dread »