Do the forums take offense/butthurt by terms such as...

Author Topic: Do the forums take offense/butthurt by terms such as...  (Read 3157 times)

I use terms like these a lot:

autism, handicap, friend, mongoloid, downy, etc.

I just find them so aesthetically appealing as insults/tease, I can't imagine using anything else.

I'm not even gonna lie by saying I don't associate the term to the actual disorder or whatever, because the truth is I do, and pretty much everyone else. Only exception is probably friend.
My general policy is that if if a word disparages people who didn't choose to be that way you shouldn't say it
So yeah I'd say you shouldn't say all of those, they're insensitive. Mongoloid has racial roots as well but maybe that meaning has been lost colloquially

Sugar is the main autist in this community right now, do not insult her or you will feel the wrath of every white knight.
well we use autism to insult people that don't really have autism in hopes that'll piss em off but why make fun of an actual autistic person

I should go to Vatican City and yell at the top of my lungs "BIBLE HUMPERS" and see how quickly I'll get the stuff beaten out of me :P
so your saying that you're going to go out of your way to try to offend people and then probably get mad when they're offended
can you even afford plane tickets to italy

All the words there can be considered insensitive, though it depends on how you use them.
There's always a set of general insults that are ok to say when justified, or if it isn't directed at a person, like cunt or stuffhead.
Then there's the more specialized terms that will always offend a group/idea, like monday and bible humper (and maybe friend).
And then there's stuff like "downy" or handicap if directed at someone actually handicapped that are tasteless.

If variety 2 or 3 apply/offend you, then fine, speak up.
If variety 1 offends you, either get thicker skin or just cover your ears.
Basically that ^
I think friend would be offensive, since it's a derogatory term for a homoloveual male and the world had gotten a lot less homophobic lately (that or people are just hiding it better)

there's a downy in my school named debbie

downy debbie

it's just too perfect

There's always a set of general insults that are ok to say when justified, or if it isn't directed at a person, like cunt or stuffhead.
Then there's the more specialized terms that will always offend a group/idea, like monday and bible humper (and maybe friend).
And then there's stuff like "downy" or handicap if directed at someone actually handicapped that are tasteless.

If variety 2 or 3 apply/offend you, then fine, speak up.
If variety 1 offends you, either get thicker skin or just cover your ears.
I can accept this.