Author Topic: How do I stop dropped items from despawning?  (Read 482 times)

I'm working on a gamemode, and one of the main bulletpoints of gameplay fringes on weapons being a scarce commodity. I want to prevent people from picking up weapons and discarding them to purposely remove them, but I don't know how to. What are some methods of preventing items from despawning?

sounds like something that would like need to be a script

that is if its possible

There you go.

Note that even though I added RTB prefs and I made sure that the syntax is correct, they didn't show up for me in the server control GUI. If that happens, set $Pref::PreventToolsFromDissapearing to true (1) to have the tools dropped forever or set it to false (0) to have them disappear like they normally would.

yes I noticed that I wrote disappear wrong but it is misspelled everywhere so it works as it should.

You can also insert command
$Game::Item::PopTime=0;
to servers console

No, that clears it immediately.

There you go.

Note that even though I added RTB prefs and I made sure that the syntax is correct, they didn't show up for me in the server control GUI. If that happens, set $Pref::PreventToolsFromDissapearing to true (1) to have the tools dropped forever or set it to false (0) to have them disappear like they normally would.

yes I noticed that I wrote disappear wrong but it is misspelled everywhere so it works as it should.

Thank you kindly