I'm sick of being fat

Author Topic: I'm sick of being fat  (Read 3232 times)

jeez, 70g a day? i usually down a carnation instant breakfast each morning. perhaps i should pick up a package of beef jerky and die from sodium overdose on the way home from uni or something, i never get that much protein daily
2 fried eggs for breakfast is about 12g + a morning protein shake which is on average 20-30g depending on the brand.

ask your parents or whatever for some lean meats whenever they go to the grocery store, they will more than likely support your cause for trying to gain muscle mass, so don't worry too much that they wont buy you anything lol.

either you can learn to cook or you can buy some high protein boxed dinners and make yourself a nice lunch/dinner which are on average maybe 30g

and throughout the day you can make yourself more shakes/eat some protein bars which is another 20g for you. 70g really isn't a lot as long as you are having a typical 3 meal a day schedule.

-snips-

alright, i'll take your advice. thanks! hopefully i bulk up soon, i'm tired of being so lanky...

keep in mind you have to work out too

I am 1.80m tall and I weigh 62kg.

alright, i'll take your advice. thanks! hopefully i bulk up soon, i'm tired of being so lanky...
just realized you're 18

i assumed you were a lot younger since you're 110 pounds...

hit that gym boii

ay I think nuts are a great source of protein. eat a handful or two after a workout or something

ay I think nuts are a great source of protein. eat a handful or two after a workout or something
this too

buy one of those giant containers of planter's peanuts and eat until satisfied

What is it with you people and "x fruit/nut/vegetable is protein rich!"? Eat a loving steak for christ sake. It's literally MADE out of proteins!

Also, fun fact: it's better for your body to ingest fats and cholesterol than letting it produce it from whatever you're eating. Your body will make more than what it actually needs.

nuts are high in fat, so if your goal is to lose weight, they are not a good source of protein.

stick with some sort of lean meat.

Also, fun fact: it's better for your body to ingest fats and cholesterol than letting it produce it from whatever you're eating. Your body will make more than what it actually needs.
What does that even mean? Your body doesn't convert fat you ingest directly into bodily fat..

Krebs cycle yo. Not directly but still does.

What is it with you people and "x fruit/nut/vegetable is protein rich!"? Eat a loving steak for christ sake. It's literally MADE out of proteins!

nobody has said that except nuts which are still an ok protein source, but yeah like darryl said they do contain just as much fat.

you're better off with the lean meats as I suggested

Krebs cycle yo. Not directly but still does.
Yeah, in the same way that eating too much protein or carbs will. What you said still doesn't make any sense. Eating fat isn't better for your body than 'letting your body produce it'. Your body will produce fat based on excess energy. Eating fat won't somehow alter this process. Consuming fewer calories will.

Yeah, in the same way that eating too much protein or carbs will. What you said still doesn't make any sense. Eating fat isn't better for your body than 'letting your body produce it'. Your body will produce fat based on excess energy. Eating fat won't somehow alter this process. Consuming fewer calories will.

can you even take in too much protein?
legit question lol

legit question lol
If you pass a certain level I'm sure it's not healthy for you, like anything else

For building muscle/ most people recommend 1-1.5g/kg body weight. More than that and you're basically just wasting money.

legit question lol
Yes and it would destroy your kidneys.

It would inhibate the production of cholesterol in your liver, reducing your total amount of it. Also, your body would have an efficient source of energy. Carbs give you 2 ATP. Lipids give you 4ATPs. Of course, anything in excess is bad for you.