Author Topic: I’m tired of people using Glitches to break games.  (Read 1759 times)

there is no way to fix it, without adding killplates literally everywhere outside the maps.
better get to work then

why did you capitalize glitches in the subject :/
just make a server message saying not to use glitches because they are stupid and ruin the fun
if they do it then just kick/ban them
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 11:48:38 AM by Xealyth »

I know how he got out. It's a really simple thing to fix on the map. A specific corner on a specific map in the creeper minigame lets players corner jump onto a plate that has small space between the ceiling and the bricks below the ceiling. Unsure how much space to be exact. Maybe 2 plates? Anyways the ceiling is a single plate.
When players corner jump + crouch here in this area they will get themselves stuck. They then wiggle out of being stuck while crouching in the upper corner here and end up standing up. They are then standing under the ceiling but with their heads through the ceiling and can just jump out of that then.

To fix this, just add a second plate to the ceiling.

(I did a bad job explaining. Just woke up)

Get zone bricks and use kill zones as a temporary fix.

And wtf does "no-clipping" mean.
having the ability to pass through anything with collision. essentially f8

-aaaa-
I attempted to create a fix
it should theoretically work and requires that all of the players base movements are greater than 2 so if you have a really slow playertype people may still be able to abuse the glitch
couldn't you just set the minimum movement speed? i remember there being a command to do that.

couldn't you just set the minimum movement speed? i remember there being a command to do that.
no you can set maximum move speed
you might be thinking of minRunEnergy but that is for energy bars not movement

That would also mean client lag would instakill you.

on a datablock: minRunSpeed

on a datablock: minRunSpeed
this variable does not exist and does nothing if set, make sure you look up your stuff before posting it

Okay by what do they gain out of this
On Creeper it means they're inside a brick or outside the map and can't be reached by the creeper (which are bricks that grow outwards (so can't go through other bricks) and kill players who touch it), so they can't be killed and always survive until the end of the round.

I know four main ways players can escape through bricks:

1) Basic vehicles. Driving into walls at certain angles lets you pass though bricks of larger sizes.

2) Being the smallest events can allow and with enough speed, players can fly/fall through bricks.

3) Similar to vehicle exploitation, using skiis while holding forward right at the edge of walls lets you "phaze" through bricks.

4) Any round or ramp brick too close to a ceiling can be used to push players up through single layer roofs

I may go into detail about best ways to achieve/prevent these later.

not sure if it was fixed but you can also jump through plates if they are at the right position above your head and you keep jumping into it. its hard to replicate but ive done it before and still dont know what causes it because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt

this variable does not exist and does nothing if set, make sure you look up your stuff before posting it
Saw that in a datablock, how would runForce work here?

Saw that in a datablock, how would runForce work here?
runForce scales the speed that players can go, ie: max speed not min speed
Runforce is acceleration/deceleration. If it's low, your player will take more time to reach their max run speed, and also take more time to stop moving. If it's really high, you can immediately reach max speed or instantly stop.

badspot is the only one who has control of the minimum speed, the only thing users can do is make hacky scripts to stop people from moving so slow
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 05:17:32 PM by Swollow »

That is not what runforce does. Runforce is acceleration/deceleration. If it's low, your player will take more time to reach their max run speed, and also take more time to stop moving. If it's really high, you can immediately reach max speed or instantly stop.