Shot my first deer

Author Topic: Shot my first deer  (Read 3114 times)

Congrats on the deer man!

You have pics?

you walked down a shooting range?
It wasn't really a range, it was my uncle's property and the guns were unloaded and were facing the other direction so I could walk down
how thin were the bits of skin holding it together
Lmao that's exactly what my dad said, it was literally hanging by the skin, and I severed the spine I think
Well I would hope everyone stopped firing and he asked/told everyone he was gonna do it, rather than just walked down a range.

Also, 4 shots with a .50 AE to a squirrel? Do they grow to bear size where you are, or what?
There can't have been anything left of it.
this, I wanted to kill it because I've never killed anything bigger than my palm. I was getting ready to fire the gun until the guy missed all of his shots so I offered to finish it off

You think I could probably post the pic? Its nothing too gory, the quality is jpeggy and its not like dripping buckets of blood or anything. Actually, there was barely any blood
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 01:54:16 PM by Sheepocalypse »

Neat.  And that's cool how you actually eat the meat.  Good on ya.

Im in canada,if i want to hunt im going to only get frogs here after the frogapocalypse.

This may seem a bit irrelevant since nobody's really doing it, but people who say you are a monster for murdering innocent animals and eating them need to grow up, it's like saying a lioness is monster for murdering a gazelle, which it isn't, it's called a food chain and humans are just as involved in it as all the other animals, they don't realize that humans are animals too and think because we're "humane" we don't kill and eat animals, not saying that that slaughterhouse stuff is okay, but hunting is fine, especially for the food.

OT: Congrats

You'll be sorry for shooting that deer, the government is deciding what to do with guns because of shootings

They'll steal ya' guns!

This may seem a bit irrelevant since nobody's really doing it, but people who say you are a monster for murdering innocent animals and eating them need to grow up, it's like saying a lioness is monster for murdering a gazelle, which it isn't, it's called a food chain and humans are just as involved in it as all the other animals, they don't realize that humans are animals too and think because we're "humane" we don't kill and eat animals, not saying that that slaughterhouse stuff is okay, but hunting is fine, especially for the food.
Well, it depends on the laws regarding that animal.
Just because we're meat-eaters it doesn't give you the right to hunt an endangered animal, or an animal out of season, for its meat.

And there are humane and inhumane ways of killing, regardless of if the killing is acceptable. Torturing an animal, even if you'll kill it and eat it, is still wrong. There are surely some hunters out there (probably a minority) who aren't respectful of what and how they kill.

Well, it depends on the laws regarding that animal.
Just because we're meat-eaters it doesn't give you the right to hunt an endangered animal, or an animal out of season, for its meat.

And there are humane and inhumane ways of killing, regardless of if the killing is acceptable. Torturing an animal, even if you'll kill it and eat it, is still wrong. There are surely some hunters out there (probably a minority) who aren't respectful of what and how they kill.
Yeah I know, just trying to get the fact out there that killing animals doesn't mean abusing them or torturing them or being inhuman, at least at the basic levels.

how do you feel about murdering your first animal??
It was delicious and i'd murder again!!!

how do you feel about murdering your first animal??
is this a joke or do you really think that its bad
as long as he killed it to eat it im fine dont just kill stuff for fun

you dont hunt 'roos??
nah I don't but I'm completely on-board with people who do

kangaroos are a massive pest over here, and they're really dangerous to have around in large populations. they can reach 70kph, and like to play silly buggers by jumping out in front of cars. out where I live, there are certain roads we avoid at 5pm+ because there are so many kangaroos.

nah I don't but I'm completely on-board with people who do

kangaroos are a massive pest over here, and they're really dangerous to have around in large populations. they can reach 70kph, and like to play silly buggers by jumping out in front of cars. out where I live, there are certain roads we avoid at 5pm+ because there are so many kangaroos.
Do you call it the ghetoo?

when i was seven i nailed a squirrel in the butt with my little bb gun once
my dad went out there to see if it was dead by picking it up
and thus my first sauirrel was dead because i cant aim and havent killed another squirrel since two years ago

huh?
The area you don't go at night because of all the kangaroos.
Nevermind though, it was an awful awful pun, and I'm ashamed of it.