Author Topic: computer having troubles with installing GTA V with CDs  (Read 820 times)

so, before my computer crashed and died (which afterwards i got back in perfect condition) for a second time, i had GTA V installed (through discs) and everything was fine and happy

now, i'm trying to install GTA V once again with disc 1, and when it does go in i get the usual disc-loading icon by my mouse, but nothing at all happens. i looked on the internet, not much help other than what i've already tried

so then i tried to do it manually, but there's no files at all in the DVD drive. i cleaned the disc, made sure there was no physical damage, checked my drivers for updates and all. i also checked their properties to make sure that their statuses were fine, and even tried restarting the computer just to make sure, and i've obviously got internet connection if that matters

i don't get at all why this wouldn't be working, since it seems the only reported problems with GTA V installation discs have to do with console versions. does anybody know any possible reasons/solutions for this?

Have you tried using a completely different disc, like a DVD or music CD? It could be your disc drive rather than GTA.

Have you tried using a completely different disc, like a DVD or music CD? It could be your disc drive rather than GTA.
do this and see what happens

do this and see what happens
sorry for being late

just tried it with a disc of an episode from a series, and it showed files on the disc, but still no autorun/option menu thing

Sounds like an issue with the disc drive.
There are no driver updates available?

The PC topic in Off-Topic might be able to help too, better than I can.

Sounds like an issue with the disc drive.
There are no driver updates available?

The PC topic in Off-Topic might be able to help too, better than I can.
no driver updates, and everything's status is good, according to the computer itself

i'll try posting it in the PC topic, thanks

your computer seems to be affected with CD snuts, it hasnt come up much but it seems to be an driver problem between your CD drive and any microphones/speakers plugged in.

If you have no microphone plugged in, go to Device drivers and find your speakers, right click them and go to "Toggle Function" which turns them into microphones (you can revert this back when you're done), get as close as you can to them without touching the speaker part or the cushions and say "CD snuts" 3 times. oddly, saying "CD snuts" is perfect because the frequency of sound that all humans emit will glitch the driver and check for updates. This will solve any problems. If you have a microphone plugged in, no need to toggle your speakers into microphone mode, just use that.

got em
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 11:11:33 PM by Waru »