Author Topic: Is there a tutorial on film making/recording in Blockland?  (Read 868 times)

So I want to make a film in blockland but I am having a few issues:

Windows 10's game recorder isn't picking up blockland and I don't really want to buy fraps (Note: Blockland isn't the only game it can't pick up)
How do I completely disable blocklands Hud?
Can I use a save from the gallery and credit the creator?

and is there any actual tutorial on this? thank you

as far as recording goes you should use OBS because it's free and open-source
Can I use a save from the gallery and credit the creator?
yes
probably not

how do I disable blockland's HUD, the tools and brick menu

There's also this one one.

It just hides the HUD, I got a mod that by port that uses the orb like a camera, "Control player mod".
Preferably I use control player mod for moving my character while keeping my camera still since the 'camera mod' has that chase cam effect I don't like.

EDIT:
Well, there is one made by Blockland Tutorials, which is an old channel created by HelpingHand, not sure if it would help but here's to you.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 01:34:29 PM by Spartan224 »

as far as recording goes you should use OBS because it's free and open-sourceyesprobably not
I just used OBS and in my opinion its isn't really good, the game lags (probably my stuff computer) and it records background noise even though I disabled my mic. With windows 10's game DVR recorder the game doesn't lag at all but why is it not picking up blockland?

I just used OBS and in my opinion its isn't really good, the game lags (probably my stuff computer) and it records background noise even though I disabled my mic. With windows 10's game DVR recorder the game doesn't lag at all but why is it not picking up blockland?
At least with stuff like Nvidia Shadowplay, you have to enable desktop record. I think it's because BL isn't a technically registered game? Dunno.
Shadowplay supports some games officially but other ones you have to desktop record. Still picks it up if you're in fullscreen.

Same, I used record with that as well, and after a few updates it made my game laggy and uncooperative.

At least with stuff like Nvidia Shadowplay
About Arekan's post, Nvidia Shadowplay is a good recorder, but it requires a Nvidia graphics card that is at least the 600 series and above I believe. I have this advantage, so Shadowplay is a good recorder in my opinion.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 01:34:00 PM by Spartan224 »

Same, I used record with that as well, and after a few updates it made my game laggy and uncooperative.
About Arekan's post, Nvidia Shadowplay is a good recorder, but it requires a Nvidia graphics card that is at least the 600 series and above I believe. I have this advantage, so Shadowplay is a good recorder in my opinion.

I don't have a nvidia gpu so I guess I'm out of choices here, unless I can find a fix for windows 10's game recorder because fifa 16 is picking up either

There's Dxtory and Bandicam, but they both cost money. I'm sure other Blocklanders can tell you what recording software they use rather than the ones that were already posted here.

If it hasn't been said and there's an option for it, have it show windows without names.

I have found a fix for windows 10's game DVR and why its not picking up blockland, not all games can be recorded in full screen with the DVR so to record blockland with the DVR you will need to run blockland in windowed mode.