Author Topic: What Happened to Grapple Knife?  (Read 865 times)

Essentially the title. I apologize if this should be in OT I was on the fence about it.

I guess it just died in general. Don't worry, it'll be back sometime in the future. I remember in 2010/11, Deathruns were extremely popular and were all over the server list, then they died out until some new ones started popping up this year

Blame the people who hosted it, they killed the gamemode. Everyone kept using that same stuffty platform map that Cat123 used to use on his server until it finally died.

Blame the people who hosted it, they killed the gamemode. Everyone kept using that same stuffty platform map that Cat123 used to use on his server until it finally died.
Pretty much sums it up.

Thank God grapple knife is dead. It used to be big when I last played this game back in 2012. The gameplay quality of Grapple Knife always has reminded me of modern multiplayer CoD on Consoles: 1-hit kill stufffest with tons of cheating.

Was thinking about old popular game modes before...
My first popular server when I started playing this game was a deathrun server I made.
I think I'm gonna try and host a classic trench wars server soon I miss when those were popular.

whatever happened to simple TDM gamemodes where the combat was quick and swift.

I really loved Cucumberdudes DM_Symmetry or TDM_Warehouse maps.

Problem solved! Thanks guys!