Author Topic: Blockland Forums creates a language  (Read 587 times)

Create a language together. Language name, alphabet, whatever. You may also set rules for stuff like past/present/future tense. Make sure nobody above you has covered what you want to post...

Or you can try to form a sentence out of the possibly ridiculous language we've created.

/go

Mule means starfish-ing around, it is a verb. I.E. Stop muleing around, it isnt gebe.

pewpew = lolololololol u got shrekt m8 git gud

Haha, pewpew!

don'tbanmepls

no means i am gay
yes means i am also gay

pewpew = lolololololol u got shrekt m8 git gud

Haha, pewpew!

don'tbanmepls
cringed

"Pull a Betelgeuse"
v.: to do something so stupid/autistic that the atmosphere around you becomes toxic

EX: He was fine until he decided to pull a Betelgeuse on the admin.

Autism
Blockhead language, where you only make sounds when you're hurt or when you get killed

Bedpost meaning "our mighty ruler".
Can also be pronounced badspot.

phonology:
pronunciation (ipa) - pronunciation (for plebs) - transliteration
/m/ - mean - m
/w/ - when - w
/p/ - spin - p
/b/ - bin - b
/f/ - fat - f
/v/ - van - v
/θ/ - thin - ṡ
/ð/ - the - ż
/t/ - sting - t
/d/ - dig - d
/n/ - nigeria - n
/s/ - simple - s
/z/ - zealot - z
/ɹ/ - ride - r
/ʃ/ - shine - š
/ʒ/ - asia - ž
/tʃ/ - chin - c
/dʒ/ - jingle - j
/j/ - yellow - y
/k/ - skull - k
/g/ - gold - g
/x/ - german "buch" - x
/h/ - hello - h
/ʔ/ - the - in uh-oh - q

/a/ - mouth - a
/ɛ/ - dress - e
/i/ - fleece - i
/ɔ/ - thought - o
/u/ - goose - u

the vowels and consonants are always pronounced the way they have just been defined as. exceptions:

a/ɛ/i change to ɑ/æ/ɪ (palm, trap, kit) before b/d/g/q {abediq is pronounced ɑbædɪʔ, NOT abɛdiʔ}
an s is added between d & p/t/k (but is not written) {edpo is pronounced ædspo, NOT ɛdpo}
an x is added between g & p/t/k (but is not written) {egto is pronounced ægxto, NOT ɛgto}
s/f/ṡ/s/š/x/h are not pronounced when found before the last consonant which is also the last letter of a word {baxt = bat, fasd = fad [notice: the first rule does not apply here because of the (now-dropped) s], but baxto = baxto, fasdo = fasdo}

transliteration is basically what the letter will be normally written as so we write actual letters instead of weird stuff like ʔtʃɹ (which should be written as qcr)

lexicon so far:
gebe - /gæbɛ/ - adj. cool
mule - /mulɛ/ - v. to be an starfish
pewpew - /pɛwpɛw/ - interjection, equivalent to eng. slang "rekt"
bedpost - /bædspot/ - n. ruler, monarch, king
betelgeuse - /bɛtɛlgɛusɛ/ - used in the expression "{to pull a} betelgeuse", meaning "to do something so stupid/autistic that the atmosphere around you becomes toxic"
{word that means pull}
{we have to decide on articles}

from now on please write any new words/etc in the transliteration. if you think you're man enough also include ipa

extra proposal from me: to negate something add pa- to whatever