Author Topic: How the hell do I glue toothpicks vertically  (Read 975 times)

I have to build an egg shield out of toothpicks for a Physics project. My plan is to make some sort of box for the egg.

How the hell do I glue a toothpick vertically and get the toothpick to stay up if it manages to stick? Even if the toothpick does stick, it eventually starts leaning before breaking off.

Use better glue, lol.

Only white glue(Elmers, for example) or yellow woodworking glue is allowed. Haven't tried woodworking glue since all I have is Elmer's.

if you can use cotton, attach each toothpick through cotton

kinda like this lol

(_)
 |
(_)
 |
(_)

wood glue works better than elmer's glue

use 2 toothpicks to hold up the toothpick

I would recommend hot glue because of how quick it cools

I would recommend hot glue because of how quick it cools
Only white glue(Elmers, for example) or yellow woodworking glue is allowed. Haven't tried woodworking glue since all I have is Elmer's.

Add supports made of toothpicks going across the bases diagnolly and add glue them together.
Then glue vertical supports that the corner toothpick can lean in to. Or give it a nice flat base and make the tips of the toothpick flat too.

better glue will help a lot, but if you glue two toothpicks on top of each other then use them as a surface to hold the vertical toothpick up. you might also want to hold it up with your hand, if you have the patience for it

Hold it upright until the glue dries, that's how you use glue in any form of structural application