Author Topic: Virtual Reality headsets and their immersion ingame.  (Read 1975 times)

I got my OVR, hooked it up, installed Minecrift, loaded up a map, my PC took a stuff, I reloaded Minecrift, I joined a server, walked around and got these screenshots:

Then I installed a HD x256 resource pack and some realistic shaders, my PC burned, I removed the shaders, my PC burned again, I removed the HD resource pack and installed LB Photo Realism x256, my PC burned, again, I removed LBPR x256 and installed LBPR x64, got ingame and took the following screenshots:

Walking around the map was loving beautiful! I can't imagine how it would feel like with shaders and a HD resource pack so I'm going to start saving for a decent GPU.

What are your thoughts on virtual reality headsets and their effect on you in games?

The future

becomes the present

never had nor used any, but they seem like a bit of a hassle to use

did it give you a headache

never had nor used any, but they seem like a bit of a hassle to use
Getting it up for Minecraft is a pain in the ass but native games are pretty much plug-and-play. It does feel weird when you first use it but then you get used to it.

did it give you a headache

Not at all.

I used oculus with Minecrift. Was damn nice

I really can't wait for the consumer release, I'll be getting one straight away.

The applications for learning and childhood education are really exciting, that's what I plan on getting into.

It also indirectly teaches you the keyboard.

Because you chat with text in games and you can't see the keyboard. :cookieMonster:

SAO approaches
The anime is a piece of stuff but the headgear is neat.

omg i forgetin love it

the only problem i have with my headset tho is that it puts a strain on my face. it might just be me being a dope and wearing the headset wrong, but it pushes into my face and my nose feels like its gonna break after prolonged use, but its only a minor set back in an other wise amazing product

like seriously falling from space in outerra with it is god damn magical

If I get one I wanna try it with a horror game.

Probably a bad idea but whatever lol

If I get one I wanna try it with a horror game.

Probably a bad idea but whatever lol
Amnesia + Omni + Oculus Rift =

Amnesia + Omni + Oculus Rift =

is that for the women's rights campaign

is that for the women's rights campaign
No. While we're playing, they'll be making dinner.

Oh god. We all know what Pie Crust is going to try to do with this thing... :/