Author Topic: Blockland's server diversity, or lack thereof  (Read 3984 times)

i'll be hosting my stuff again soon and i keep building little computers to play around with so i can use all of them to host servers

i'll be hosting my stuff again soon and i keep building little computers to play around with so i can use all of them to host servers
what do u host

i only hosted freebuild but now i have all these computers laying around so i can host other stuff
 im going to try to revive my first gaming computer
its from 1994
it has 128mb of ram, a pentium 2, and god knows what graphics card
do you think it could host a BL server?

i only hosted freebuild but now i have all these computers laying around so i can host other stuff
 im going to try to revive my first gaming computer
its from 1994
it has 128mb of ram, a pentium 2, and god knows what graphics card
do you think it could host a BL server?
with 128mb of ram, i doubt it
idk specifically how much ram dedi servers use, but i think you would need 512mb atleast in order to host anything

Man, you dont need to criticize all of these types of servers. Only my servers are the main ones you should criticize Ik we have our own opinions but your like criticizing all of the blockland servers there are
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 05:04:14 PM by Darth C3P0 »

with 128mb of ram, i doubt it
idk specifically how much ram dedi servers use, but i think you would need 512mb atleast in order to host anything
Assuming it has Windows98 like mine, I hosted a local BL server under 64MBs of RAM. Make sure you have a pagefile and very patient players, lol.

yeah when i got it it had 95 on it and i changed to 98 but the HDD is trashed and the motor wont spin
i would be putting some linux variant on it

IBM's 2GB SCSi are the best. <3

Man, you dont need to criticize all of these types of servers. Only my servers are the main ones you should criticize Ik we have our own opinions but your like criticizing all of the blockland servers there are
No he's not. He's criticizing the crappy, repetitive and unimaginative servers, such as Jail RPs, City RPGs, Family/Fantasy RPs, and generic Zombie survival servers. He's also critizing the habitual-problem-user hosts, such as Ravencroft and Tezuni. These people and the stuff they host is toxic.

habitual-problem-user hosts, such as Ravencroft, and Tezuni. These people and the stuff they host is toxic.
Except that their servers are constantly pulling large numbers of people. How can the content they host be that bad? Just because you personally don't like them?

Except that their servers are constantly pulling large numbers of people. How can the content they host be that bad? Just because you personally don't like them?
Considering the fact that a quick forum search of either of those people or their servers immediately brings up literally dozens of drama topics, that should tell anyone not familiar with them all they need to know.

Large playerbase =/= Quality server. From personally playing this game for over 6 years I can testify that the stufftiest servers have always tended to get the most people, sad as it is.

If you actually frequented their servers (I don't know how much you actually play Blockland but I'm assuming it's very little, considering how unaware you seem of the stuff that goes on with Tezuni and Raven's servers), you'd know exactly what I'm talking about without any explanation needed.

There are tens of millions of feral children and adolescent sperglords who love the latest MLG Call of Duty Advanced Modern Ghost Ops Warfare bullstuff games, that are literally all the same exact unimaginative generic FPS stuff just repackaged and sold every year for steep prices, and rife with cheating and abuse, but that doesn't mean they're good games just because lots of people like them.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 05:49:32 PM by Planr »

I'm currently making a new city rpg mod, all from scratch. At the end when it is done it'll be much easier to modify it than most released city rpgs.

Considering the fact that a quick forum search of either of those people or their servers immediately brings up literally dozens of drama topics, that should tell anyone not familiar with them all they need to know.

Large playerbase =/= Quality server. From personally playing this game for over 6 years I can testify that the stufftiest servers have always tended to get the most people, sad as it is.

If you actually frequented their servers (I don't know how much you actually play Blockland but I'm assuming it's very little, considering how unaware you seem of the stuff that goes on with Tezuni and Raven's servers), you'd know exactly what I'm talking about without any explanation needed.
I do actually play Blockland and quite frequently (and for longer than you if that actually counts for anything), and I've been to both of their servers multiple times.

'stuffty' is a subjective term. You cannot globally declare that their content is stuffty. Obviously the large amount of people who frequent their servers don't find the content stuffty at all, or they wouldn't be there. You'll have to be more specific as to why you think their content is objectively stuff/toxic

I do actually play Blockland and quite frequently (and for longer than you if that actually counts for anything), and I've been to both of their servers multiple times.

'stuffty' is a subjective term. You cannot globally declare that their content is stuffty. Obviously the large amount of people who frequent their servers don't find the content stuffty at all, or they wouldn't be there. You'll have to be more specific as to why you think their content is objectively stuff/toxic
In particular, the reason their servers are stuff is overwhelmingly because the administration is stuff. I shouldn't have to explain this to you. You can easily do a quick forum search and see the countless drama topics and understand that what I am telling you is absolutely true.

In particular, the reason their servers are stuff is overwhelmingly because the administration is stuff. I shouldn't have to explain this to you. You can easily do a quick forum search and see the countless drama topics and understand that what I am telling you is absolutely true.
You said their content was stuff

Irrespective of that even, the number of people on the servers would indicate to me that the majority of people don't actually have an issue with the administration. Back to square 1.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 05:55:15 PM by Darryl McKoy »