6 (25%)
no
7 (29.2%)
maybe
6 (25%)
yes
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: off loving sucks  (Read 167482 times)

i refunded it because it was so bad

it was so simple that i am convinced ive seen absolutely everything the game has to offer in about a hundred minutes

i heard it was stuff

that game gives me hemorrhoids everytime i look at it

Are you taking game suggestions at this point?

Well the topic is "OFF loving sucks", right?

There are like a million OFF fangames that need to be ripped a new starfish.

pepper steak is a good song

Yo, destroyer, I know you may not do this due to it's length, but have you considered playing Baldur's Gate at any point?

the people who made OFF need to loving off themselves

rwby grimm eclipse
no video this time since i dont care

rwby: grimm eclipse is a horde-style hack and slash notable only for its relation to the eponymous rwby, an anime-thing about teenagers with ridiculous weaponry fighting things and being obnoxious. the player is tasked with beating up stuff tons of black creatures called grimm as they try to do the same to him. the grimm are piss easy, but there are a lot of them; the challenge is to try to kill them as efficiently as possible without dying, but the game forgets the whole thing up completely. killing the grimm is monotonous because the player is basically invincible and the fighting is bare bones to the extreme. to try and add challenge the player has to defend these cylinders, but they forgeted that up too and cylinder defense is complete horse stuff. rwby: grimm eclipse is a series of bad ideas patched over each other like bandages in an ill fated attempt to fix the boring core. anyone who might buy to gain a deeper understanding of the show shouldn't because the game doesn't explain or add anything to the canon and the show is terrible.

the player has two main attack buttons: left and right click. mouse button only combat has certainly been done well, see mount and blade, but it wasn't here. left click does a four hit basic "jab" combo, right click does a chargeable strong attack, and right clicking during a jab combo does a strong finisher that ends the jab. these jab finishers do different things depending on which jab the combo is ended on. when the player deals enough damage, an ultimate attack that deals are damage around the player becomes available. there are other moves, including an insignificant range attack and a poorly explained "team attack", but almost every enemy will be dealt with the above. this translate into ceaselessly mashing jab and a choice jab finisher or ceaselessly mashing strong. many mmos have more exciting combat.

such a lackluster move list and tedious execution might be salvaged if the attacks all distinct tools that need to be intelligently used. fat chance, the jab enders, which are the majority of the moveset, are functionally extremely similar. all serve as slightly varying area of effect damage that may have some status effect tacked. it should be noted at this point that the player uses one of four not-dlc characters, each with different moves. the dense might not know from history and assume character choice salvages the game by offering unique ways to play. it doesn't, all jabs and ultimates are identical and differences in jab enders and strongs are insignificant.

the problems with the player's options do not exist in a void; limitations in moves can be somewhat mitigated if the enemy design is passable. unfortunately, enemy ai is extremely basic and so woefully inept at combat that merely walking away is enough to avoid their attacks entirely. added to this, the player has possible the most broken movement tool in existence; a dash. if ever in a situation where death is a possibility, a player can merely jump and dash away, putting a ridiculous distance between the player and harm and entirely negating the possibility of death. the best part is health regens so even getting hurt doesn't matter. so now that its clear enemies pose an insignificant challenge, it is reasonable to conclude that the entire game is easily beatable using the aforementioned dash when hurt. this would be true but the developers must have realized this and added the cylinders.

in other hack and slash and beat em ups, such as devil may cry or god hand, a skilled players can use the tools given to them to become legendarily good at the game; the only way players can fail is if they make a mistake. in grimm eclipse, beating the higher difficulties solo is not possible because the tools given are inadequate. this is not contrary to when i stated the player is invincible, they still are. grimm eclipse does this thing where its higher difficulties just spawn more enemies; this poses more of a challenge because the player is unable to kill all the enemies at once.  then it does this thing where the player has to defend these cylinder-buildings from waves of enemies. failing to defend the cylinder is a game over.

on higher difficulties, it is impossible to clear out enemies quickly enough because the tools the player has lack the killing power and aggro drawing necessary to halt enemies from tearing the cylinder up. enemies spawn close enough to the cylinder that they will start wrecking it unless killed right after spawning. drawing aggro is ineffective, enemies return to the cylinder almost immediately after they stop getting attacked. keeping the aggro of all enemies is impossible, the player's attacks do not cover a significantly large area to do this. similarly, attacks do not do enough damage to kill all the grimm before they can close in. a cylinder showing up on any difficulty above normal will be the end of that mission and most missions have one.

the patchwork fix to cylinders, the cylinders already a patchwork fix to the player being invincible, appears to be the multiplayer. co-op seems to be what the game is pushing as the "right" way to play. more players means more people killing grimm, making cylinders doable. this is further evidenced by the multiplayer featuring a horde mode where a group of players defend multiple cylinders from increasingly difficult waves of enemies. multiplayer adds nothing more than other people to hit grimms with; the stuff combat is unchanged and suffers from everything said previously.

plot and story are completely irrelevant; this wouldn't normally matter but since the game has nothing else going for it and it is tied to an established property, the least the developers could do is add some sort of character development or something. at least someone took the time to record the original voice actors doing lines for when characters speak.

i dont give a stuff about the graphics or anything else. the game uses instrumental music from the show as its soundtrack. i think that covers anything so basically this game loving sucks if you like rwby forget you. its still better than a ton of other horse stuff i played

boring tier
  rwby: grimm eclipse
  hylics
  mogeko castle
  soma
  presentable liberty
  bad rats show
  imscared (a pixelated nightmare?)
  stray cat crossing
  spookys house of jump scares
  lieat
  ananke
  home
  super columbine massacre rpg
  crypt worlds
  ao oni
  suits: a business rpg
  unforgiving trials: the space crusade
  inflation quest
  stellar 2d
  the chosen rpg
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 12:21:48 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

all of this sounds surprisingly similar to the problems i had with one piece pirate warriors

i was actually going to update on time but then i was in the hospital for some stuff called pericarditis

playing whatever bloody mary posted

everything about him except his head is normal

wadanohara and the great blue sea two