6 (25%)
no
7 (29.2%)
maybe
6 (25%)
yes
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: off loving sucks  (Read 167557 times)

note: this is actually in the game and not footage of a honor student

kimulator: fight for your destiny

the express purpose of this game is for the developers to see if they can get a game on steam. the actual purpose is to test how lenient steam greenlight's attitude towards garbage games is, which they unfortunately found to be limitlessly tolerant. kimulator is a first person shooter made of unity assets and live action clips brought to you by the wasteland that is french canada and its college student inhabitants. ostensibly the goal is to end the life of kim jong-il for whatever reason but any coherence immediately falls apart once the game begins. nothing about it is good or even acceptable and it easily beats out bad rats show for the worst non-visual novel actually a game game on steam title. i don't know if i should even count this as a game, since it was clearly made in like 3 hours with minimal possible effort, but i feel the unfortunate tug of duty as someone actually paid money to send this to me, money that has never been this worthlessly discarded. my life has become a mess as i seek without success a reason for my part in enabling the distribution and funding of this game. its still better than off.

the gameplay is complete garbage. apparently you play as some sort of fench canadian teenager who goes around and first person shoots everyone to death except the model for you is ripped so its just generic military dude. all of the enemies are also generic military dudes and the ai is so pitifully bad that i could play this game blindfolded. enemies dont react to getting hit if you are far enough away and gun battles consist of them standing completely still and shooting as you end their lives with ease. health regens at an absurd rate so dying is an impossibility to anyone playing remotely seriously. weapon variety is comically stupid as absolute trash medieval weapons are juxtaposed with modern military stuff. map design is incredibly simple and always a flat plane with copy pasted buildings. weapons and ammo spawns appear in great masses sprawled across the ground at random. nothing about the gameplay is enjoyable.

the game is so terribly optimized and obnoxiously unpolished that i need an entire paragraph to list how badly it flubs the job of existing. load times between scenes are tremendous and frequent and only offer the horrendous graphics and boring levels in compensation. all cutscenes are unskippable and many of them are multiple minutes long although none are entertaining. the graphics enjoy bugging out and the colors completely flip stuff for no discernible reason. the draw distance is depressingly low and enemies and items pop in and out frequently. this game is a travesty

it gets worse though because for god knows why a sizable portion of the game is a bunch of live action videos of a gangly teenager with a french accent loving around. the teenager is not interesting or funny in any way. he is accompanied by a bunch of those pay me and i will say things for you voice guys you can find on the internet and im assuming a sizable portion of the game funds (like $10) went towards paying these people to voice act for his game, potentially without their knowledge. as far as i am aware there are two of them, one sounds and looks like jesus and pops in on some white background whenever he speaks and the other is some drill sergeant sounding guy who is never seen. as these characters had their lines written for them by the development team none of them are entertaining, with the jesus guy being particularly bad as he talks like he has no context for any of the scenes.

the "story" is a mess of random humor and idiocy pushed forth by amazingly awful actors. it is apparently about the teenager going around to kim jong-ils place and killing him because i don't know its just a thing to do in canada i guess. the rest of the game captures the romp of this dude throughout his small town as he forgets around and talks to a camera or the air before putting the voice actors in in post production. once again minimal effort was put into the script and what was produced in the 5 minutes allotted to write it is a wholly dull waste of time that only serves to extend the games length and convey what all of the disparate royalty free models are doing together.

the graphics are unbelievably bad. when all of the colors arent freaking the forget out at random it is just absolutely terrible to look at. the terrain is all one color and is often awkwardly extended to form map boundaries that look unnatural and awful. buildings are clearly copied and pasted multiple times and weren't anything special to begin with. models clash with the lighting, and any sort of non-default texture applied to them is hideous. the live action shots have zero production values and the best i can give to them is an at least the camera quality isn't terrible. the game never even attempts to grab on to any cohesive visual style and the models vary wildly throughout the game although the buildings and terrain are reused forever. for comparison bad rats easily has better graphics.

the music is so ridiculously terrible it has to be heard to believe. thankfully i documented how bad it is forever as there is no way in hell anyone will upload the soundtrack. if you enjoy the musical equivalent of a down syndrome child making noises to himself in a corner to the tune of popular songs this is for you, although the songs only last like 30 seconds each and loop poorly. the only reason this game isn't getting sued into submission is because nobody cares about it. bad rats show did a jokey soundtrack that worked and i am unfortunate to find its worse counterpart.

this is another one of those its on steam so i am forced to review it games except this one actually costs money. this game is being sold for money on steam at this very moment. i honestly thought bad rats was somewhere around the bottom of the barrel of games you could gift people but this opened my eyes to how awful the steam greenlight system can be. lord knows why anyone would ever vote for this or buy it but here i am, game in library and tears on cheeks. at least i am confident that i now could get a game on steam. thanks kimulator.

since i have so many reviews now im just going to put what tier its in to not stretch the page unnecessarily

physically revolting tier
  kimulator: fight for your destiny
  major/minor
  gender bender dna twister extreme
  space funeral 4
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 04:23:03 AM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

if nobody gifts me anything and you shouldnt since i took 5 years to do this one ill do e.y.e divine cybermancy next since i was disappointed and want to dispel the illusion of another "cult classic"

also i retroactively moved hylics and mogeko castle to boring tier because forget you guys

critrawkets simulator 2016

wait stuff i have no headset nevermind i can't play wadonahara ignore this post
also do school shootings happen in canada

dear god i am sorry
you did this to him

its all your fault

its pretty impressive to find out that the game sucks at merely existing
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 07:46:34 AM by The Resonte! »

actually im reviewing the chosen rpg (actual title) because i opened it and holy forget

i will see if i can get a stream going but probably not

home was a pretty stuffty game

gameplay video

home

home is a walking simulator where you walk around and pick up stupid stuff until you enter your house and then the game ends. although i am against gross simplifications and believe they can be used to slander any game that is seriously the extent of the mechanics. anyone playing may have accidentally thought this was a horror game in the first five minutes but there is no lose condition or challenge or horror. the entire game is steered by what random objects the player picks up although they have no real meaning because it does the haha ambiguity thing so you don't ever know whats going on or what the stupid stuff you pick up means. its basically a choose your own adventure with the worst sort of replayability because the player has to go walk around an empty map picking up stupid stuff again to get any new ending and playthroughs last like 30 minutes if you speedrun.

you play as some guy with amnesia who monologues to himself a lot about dumb stuff he picks up as you try to unsuccessfully piece together whatever the forget is going on but spoiler there is no definitive ending. one of the endings is one of those nothing is real endings so everything in the game can be interpreted as one bigass fakeass dream without any nitpicky plot stitching on the player's behalf. the developer was clearly planning this bullstuff because at the end of the game theres a link to his site or whatever where players can post their interpretations but unlike game(s) like yume nikki which give you a ton of whack and unique whatevers to imagine things about this game gives you jack stuff. you wake up, forget around until you get to your house picking up a bunch of stuff that might not be real, and decide if what you saw was real or not. about the only thing left to player imagination is how real the things are or some contrived meta bullstuff about the protagonist being in a coma or something.

the story isn't even good or exciting or whatever as all of the cool stuff was left outfor interpretation reasons. you are some guy who wakes up in a house with a dead guy and no idea how you got there and the game hints heavily at you being chased (spoiler you arent) so you try to get to your house for some reason while picking up stuff that clues you in on what you missed while passed out. eventually it leads to some stuff about your wife cheating on you and you potentially murdering the guy who did it although you might not have and you might not even be married because your wife might not even exist. also there are a stuff ton of dead bodies that you may have murdered but also may not have as someone could potentially be chasing you but is probably not. also you may be a serial killer but chances are you aren't a serial killer unless you really want to be but its not set in stone. this isn't some sort of plot choice element thing going on either the game just spills all the info it has about this ordeal and says you figure it out like it just dumped a jigsaw puzzle missing half the pieces right on your ass. its a boring ass jigsaw puzzle too like imagine a jigsaw puzzle that is entirely a solid color and putting that together is playing this game.

you just walk and pick stuff up. thats it. those are the only two things you can do other than move you flashlight up and down. there isn't even a sprint button. nothing tries to kill you and you can't even lose. its even more disappointing because before the player realizes there are zero mechanics and the story is boring garbage it is actually pulls a decent atmosphere for those sparse few intro minutes. sometimes the stuff you have to pick up isnt obvious and you spend a bunch of time walking around like a handicap looking for whatever you missed. the worst part is that if you forget up and dont pick up some item or some stuff you can actually forget your legs up and walk slower. that would matter if the game wasnt short as balls. go outside and pick up random stuff in your local park at night and that is about as fun as playing this game.

not to mention replaying this game to see the stuff you might have missed is loving ghastly and the game loving tricks you into replaying it because of the aforementioned linearity in interpretation stuff before. if you grab everything you have basically learned all that the game offers and the only choices offered to you by the game are how it ends and what stuff to pick up although there is basically no reason to not pick up all the stuff, something the game doesn't say to trick your dumb ass into replaying it for at least 2 hours when steam refunds stop getting issued. the differences between runs are minimal and 99% of them are your dude changing his monologues up a little. this is the worst kind of pretentious hipster bullstuff and the pinnacle of walking simulators. if you enjoy being bored out of your ass play this game.

the graphics and sound and stuff are probably the most disappointing part of the game because they actually do set up a decent horror game very well and good graphics and stuff are necessary for a horror game to work. by good i mean good as in able to set up an atmosphere instead of like the next level of realism good. games like imscared and spooky's house of jump scares failed to even set this up although they are higher on the list for actually having mechanics. games like five nights at freddys have the aesthetic nailed but shoddy mechanics, five nights at freddys in particular only became mega huge because of its spectacular graphics. unfortunately this game has neither good mechanics or game-selling graphics and so it is doomed to waste away in the steam store, forever wearing mixed reviews as its badge of shame. if thought was put into how to make the game mechanically interesting it could have really been something but right now its forgeted.

boring tier
  hylics
  mogeko castle
  soma
  presentable liberty
  bad rats show
  imscared (a pixelated nightmare?)
  stray cat crossing
  spookys house of jump scares
  lieat
  ananke
  home