6 (25%)
no
7 (29.2%)
maybe
6 (25%)
yes
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: off loving sucks  (Read 167582 times)

wadanohara and the great blue sea two
i can tell you within five minutes if a game is even a contender for being as bad as wadanohara and this isnt

right so

there will be spoilers after the first paragraph.

in don't take it personally, it just ain't your story you play a john, a thirty-eight year old complete loser and professional anime character. after loving up both his marriage and career, he somehow landed a job as a teacher and now guides seven bright young scholars on the joyous path of learning. to aid in this noble goal, the school equips him with some state of the art spyware that allows him to read all messages the students send to each other on social media. thus john takes the role of creepy steward as he guides his students through a roller coaster of high school drama with the the skill and tact of wet garbage.  its clear the game is emotionally unstable teenage japanophile pandering but, aside from john, characters and writing aren't too bad. some might be turned off when anime teenagers who like anime are written as they would act in real life though aka loving weeaboos but it feels natural. its not fantastic cause its got quite a bit of plot holes and dumb stuff but the character interaction is decent enough to pull it though. if you are ever bored you might as well give it a go.

john is a loving awful character and the only character i think is genuinely bad. when he thinks a student killed herself the only thing he does is send an email to his superior asking if she transferred out. he completely misses the memo about the spyware being known and widely accepted among society. performing the role of authority figure is completely foreign to him; he loses his cool and insults troublesome students for their behavior, embittering them and fixing nothing. every student in the class would haved failed due to johns stuffty teaching if the school did not curve the grade to make itself seem prestigious. i am not joking that actually happened and our hero's response was "that was pretty close" and it was never brought up again. all of that is rather mundane when compared to his most egregious sin of possibly getting it on with a loving fifteen year old in his class. this stuff serious goes "this fifteen year old is coming on to me and i'm hard what should i do" with one option being "forget her and miraculously avoid the social consequences despite living in a world where spying on people's social media is acceptable" and "don't".

there are seven unfortunates john has to care for and they are quite the unlikely blend of demographics. four of them are gay, one of the straights wants to forget you, two are avid weeaboos, and one drops out of school early enough to be irrelevant. most of the drama is generated by the two gays getting with their respective other gay as the one who dropped out was straight, leaving only one straight single who is pretty forgetin pissed about the situation. the romances that develop are pretty forgetin generic and all follow a "man i don't know should i go homo teach y/n" format but they aren't bad or anything. you essentially watch the relationships develop for the entire game which i guess is how visual novels are as a genre. the social media spying is most notable here as you can deeper into character motivations and stuff so thats nice. the one character i'd consider notable exists to basically derail everyones relationships and shes the best character in the game because shes some kind of complete sociopath or genuine autist who can't grasp how human relationships works. her emotional warpath is the sole thing that keeps anything in the game remotely interesting and its a shame she wasn't developed further than just an antagonist.

the big twist at the end is society has become some sort of facebook dystopia where its assumed that your internet activity is visible at all times to everyone and the concept of privacy has been erased. this technological revolution was accompanied by a cultural one and all of this stuff is considered completely normal. naturally all of this happened right under the nose of john. the revelation is just sort of dropped in at the end to explain a bunch of dumb stuff that happened and the actual societal ramifications aren't shown at all. 

another notable feature that doesn't really matter are the 4chan segments. every few forgetin thirty minutes or something you're forced to read all the stuff the students posted online as well as browse a thread on a chanesque anonymous imageboard. its just boring simulated stuffposting that lasts for 5 minutes max between all incidents. anyone going and playing this stuff expecting 4chan will be disappointed.

the art is bad and looks like anime as drawn by middling devianart arists. the music is ok but not notable. i covered most of the plot holes in the john thing and i couldn't possibly give enough of a stuff about this game to write more about it. overall its ok.

decent tier
  lisa: the painful
  chrono trigger
  station 37
  skelemania
  the witch's house
  unreal
  out there somewhere
  don't take it personell babe its not your story
  warhammer 40k dark nexus arena
  sluggish morss
  space funeral
  planetside 2
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 06:21:19 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

how good is oneshot people are saying its good in the thread but i don't believe them

how good is oneshot people are saying its good in the thread but i don't believe them
remember when i requested it a long time ago in this thread

i do

you could play everyone's favourite rpg maker spook, ao oni

or you could cry by playing oneshot

neither of these have encounters or leveling up and i'm not exactly sure why they were made in rpg maker

grapple sniper??????
the only problem i think is really, truly awful is all servers ive seen use the stuffty grapple knife map so you get instasniped from across the map unless you are paying every second of your attention to the end of the round. it avoids the problems of knife because its a gun and the sniper can be swap fired so you can actually do stuff with it and the grapple together.

for honor

uh oh we are now boarding the controversy express next stop buyers remorse because i am about to blow your mind by going against mainstream reviews and calling motherforgeters out. for honor is a 3d fighting game where you play as an episode of deadliest warrior and duke it out in the ultimate historically accurate fanwank death battle between the top three warrior societies neckbeards are most likely to compare power levels of. you and your friends who played the beta might reasonably assume that the game has some future as its mechanics are deep enough to carry it but you'd be loving wrong. ubisoft has pulled the bag over you by having a short as forget beta where most people have barely realized the mechanics and assume low level slugfests carry on to high level play but theyre loving w r o n g and i am here to loving prove it.

just to make things clear i am easily one of the most baller for honor players of all time because of how shallow this loving game is and none of the mechanics i am about to let loose on were changed for the main release. i am so good that i even made a post about it before summarizing my problems with this game so you dont even have to read the review
from what i've gathered from my rather limited playtime with only a few classes the game is inherently defensive. on reaction, all attacks can be parried or blocked and all guard breaks can be countered so its feasible to believe that really good players will be doing all that constantly like motherforgeters during ubisoft's inevitable push to make this an esport. im not sure if there is any game changing class with sublime offensive options in the works or in the roster already so feel free to correct me
i was more right than i ever imagined.

to start off even comprehending how bad this game is we must first get acquainted with the base mechanics. players are able to attack and block in three directions by moving the mouse/stick in that direction and doing the button. players attack with light or heavy attacks, some special moves which require specific inputs, and a guard break. the guard break is the most notable as it is the only way to breach a block besides some extremely telegraphed unblockables. some attacks can be strung together to form combos or some stuff and the specials between characters whatever the forget it doesn't loving matter.

you're probably thinking oh man there sure are a lot of moves for me to loving use this game sure has a lot of loving variety or some bullstuff but you are wrong once a-loving-gain dipstuff. the two mechanics i have not mentioned to intentionally befuddle you are parrying and counter guard breaking. parrying is done by strong attacking in the direction of an incoming move when its close to hitting to both block the move and put the attacker into a stun, allowing a free punish. the risk of parrying is that if you forget up the timer you are guaranteed to eat stuff but parrying is so loving easy it breaks the loving game. 99% of attacks in the game can be parried on reaction with ease because 99% of them are loving slow as stuff. this one mechanic has made almost every attack in the game utterly worthless because throwing anything out is free damage for the other guy. unless you has ultra bullstuff fast attacks there is not a chance in hell you will get one in against anyone who can actually play the game.

"but destroyer there is a guard break that breaks the never attack meta" well that stuff is forgeted too by something called the loving counter guard break. when you are going in for a guard break against an opponent who is not stunned there is a window where the opponent is able to press the guard break button to cancel getting guard broken. yes this window is wide enough to react to. both of these master techniques combine to make a game where you can do absolutely loving nothing without being at a disadvantage. the ultimate strategy is to stare at your opponent for 10 minutes like its some kind of mexican loving standoff except everyone involved is bored to tears. if this stuff actually required reads or superhuman reflexes to pull off i wouldn't be bitching but the timers are just so loving lenient that anyone can do it.

now i know what you filthy casuals are thinking; "but destroyer i dont parry or counter guard break and i dont even play with people who do so none of that stuff matters" guess what in the coming weeks youre forgeted. the for honor metagame will move slowly across the land like some stuff glacier destroying everything in its path. more and more players realize the metagame and adapt to the highly defensive style because its the most optimal stuff ever. in about two weeks when all the bored people and bandwagoners forget off the only ones left will be the most lethal masters of the staring contest poised to forget up anyone that dares press buttons. this game costs $60 by the way

other dumb stuff includes environmental kills which are just complete bullstuff to the max. you know how in mario you can die instantly if you fall in a hole, well this game has that and you throw people into the holes often with one one read completely cheesing the forget out of people. while this stuff isn't too bad if the maps don't have a lot of stuff to throw people into, there are quite a few ready to swallow up any idiot foolish enough to not get the first guard break in. the stamina meter is loving stupid too you actually get /punished even more for attacking/ as that uses stamina and when you run out of the stuff you get all slow and weak. this is mostly irrelevant because strings longer than one put the user at risk of the parry so you cant even run out of stamina by playing optimally. plus even when you are out the only thing affected is your attacks, you can defend just fine while waiting for that stuff. its still loving annoying and you don't lose stamina for defending.

most of the review is written with 1v1s in mind since i frankly don't give a stuff about the other modes but i suppose i should cover combat with more than two parties. if you ever find yourself fighting multiple people you are forgeted offensively and have to constantly block or parry stuff until you build up a "revenge meter" aka some kind of comeback mechanic that regens health and increases damage and stuff for a short time. its a really loving hamfisted recovery mode that rewards people standing back like pussies even more than usual because fighting 2+v1 is basically loving impossible; you will get swarmed with enough attacks to prevent you from attacking back. hell from what i've seen revenge mode isn't even that good you can still block/parry/counter guard break everything a revenged person throws. the worst revenge modes are when some guy in a1v1 pops it and all hes been doing is just blocking your stuff because defending is the only way to build meter right i forgot to mention that forget you ubisoft.

i haven't played the single player but the cutscenes and plot are atrocious and i don't want to spend $60 to play what is likely tacked on bullstuff. don't buy this game unless major loving patches come up that fix all this stuff but they won't. also ubisoft is selling a season pass for fourty loving smackaroos at launch like will there even be $40 of dlc. what the forget. this game certainly has the potential to not be stuff and is enjoyable on a lower level for its viscerality alone but without major changes its dead in the loving water and really not worth your money. if you were seduced by the beta either hold out for a month and see what they fix or buy now to get your 15 minutes of fun before the meta sets in

decent tier
  lisa: the painful
  chrono trigger
  station 37
  skelemania
  the witch's house
  unreal
  out there somewhere
  don't take it personal babe its just not your story
  for honor
  warhammer 40k dark nexus arena
  sluggish morss
  space funeral
  planetside 2
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 06:27:56 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

not to mention microtransactions which i said there would be fuk u kongo

idk man i've seen people trying to mexican stareoff me and i just feint until they forget up and get killed
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 01:27:07 AM by Legoboss »

idk man i've seen people trying to mexican stareoff me and i just parry until they forget up and get killed
isnt that what he said was a problem