My server is laggy for no reason

Author Topic: My server is laggy for no reason  (Read 1352 times)

About 3 days ago, I started up my server like normal. When I spawned, the server was laggy, the type of laggy you get when you face a direction with a stuffload of bricks. However, there were no bricks when I spawned, and it was still this laggy. Since then, whenever I've hosted, it has been this way. Why is this?

could be a GPU problem, or an addon could be causing it

if you're using two GPUs (ie intel + NVidia), make sure the stronger one is being used to run BL

as for addons, try with defaults only or on a clean install

and does this only happen with your server or when you join others?
if it's only yours, it's more likely it's an addon and not a GPU problem

could be a GPU problem, or an addon could be causing it

if you're using two GPUs (ie intel + NVidia), make sure the stronger one is being used to run BL

as for addons, try with defaults only or on a clean install

and does this only happen with your server or when you join others?
It only happens with my server. Also, it just occurred to me that my Nvidia graphics card has an update, so I'll install that soon. That might be the reason.

What add-on could it be though?

What add-on could it be though?
any server sided addon that is doing a lot

ie, what used to give people major FPS issues in the past is the speedometer
it would loop through all the datablocks clientsided and find the players to find their speeds
when there were ~10k bricks people using the addon would lag terribly

but just anything running in the background doing a lot of processing/using a while true loop instead of schedules, would be making you have FPS issues

console.log may help, will help more if trace(1); 'd

Here is the console.log.

I see a ton of addons

does it happen without addons enabled?

Try setting the advanced settings to default. They might be too high for whatever reason

It appears you've just enabled every single add-on you have, including ones that cannot even be used in custom. I recommend going through the list and disabling anything you don't absolutely need and then seeing if the problem persists, and if it does, then we have something better to work with.

I'm running my server now with no add-ons enabled, and the server is running very smoothly. I half-way suspect that Blockland Glass is the issue, so I will try disabling that.

Try setting the advanced settings to default. They might be too high for whatever reason
How do I set them to default?

How do I set them to default?
that should not be the issue, it sounds like an addon is causing the issue

that should not be the issue, it sounds like an addon is causing the issue
How should I go about this without testing every single one of them individually?

How should I go about this without testing every single one of them individually?
the problem is gone without addons enabled, right?

enable half and see if the problem returns, if it doesn't test the other half
then test half of the half and so on, it's a binary search and should be ln(addon count) instead of addon count attempts