main rig dies, secondary rig is also forgeted now

Author Topic: main rig dies, secondary rig is also forgeted now  (Read 753 times)

what the forget
really

if you've been following my posts in the PC thread you will know my PSU fried half of my main rig, and so i moved the remaining parts to my mini itx server, and now i try to boot today and i get bullstuff
i run linux mint 17.2 alongside windows 7 and i got a
"SYSLINUX EDD 2013-7-25 COPYRIGHT (C) 1994-2013 H.  Peter et al
ERRROR:  No Configuration File Found
boot: _"

i dont even loving use linux on it anymore i only use windows, but now its taken that away from me
i tried googling this for an hour and everyone was trying to boot back to linux, i just want windows back
what the forget do i do?

update:
i ran the loving windows disc i used to install windows and selected repair
i was able to find my windows OS and when i tried to repair or anything it said this version of system recovery options is not compatible
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 08:51:52 AM by shitlord »

sounds like syslinux/grub is forgeted

idk which you use, if you're dualbooting I'm guessing it's grub. do you still have the mint livedisc/usb

sounds like syslinux/grub is forgeted

idk which you use, if you're dualbooting I'm guessing it's grub. do you still have the mint livedisc/usb
yeah i've got like 50 should i run it again?

okay i dont know what the forget just happened but after finding another windows install disc and inserting it, my old screen that let me select from mint 17.2 or windows 7 came back up

i booted windows 7 successfully
is the HDD failing or something?

im going to format and delete the partition that i put linux on so this doesn't happen again, i only use linux on my laptop and my server, no reason for me to have it on my main rig.  

note my hdd has been making a small clicking noise, not the bad sector noise, but this weird noise that i was assuming was normal because its been happening for its whole life
i ran a few checkups when i first noticed the noise to make sure its okay and all of the tests said its fine
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 09:02:20 AM by shitlord »

the hdd clicks when its under heavy load on some models i think

the hdd clicks when its under heavy load on some models i think
this just happens randomly
it happens the same amount of times during the day if its under full load or idle

rip stufflords gaming rig

Linux is garbo
hey frik u its good for my servers and i enjoy the opensource/free stuff on my laptop for when im working

rip
2012 - 2015

Ouch. Have you tried turning it off and back on?

well you know seeing as how the issues started at the power supply