Author Topic: 2015/10/13 - The Forgettable Dungeon - Kickstarter complete $17,000 raised!  (Read 96211 times)

$836 to go
Come on people! Rotondo has to eat!

He'll die without us...

I would play this but I'd be claustrophobic from being in a dungeon all the time.

Any plans for outside-the-dungeon mapping?

Come on people! Rotondo has to eat!

He'll die without us...

I'm just picturing one of those sad dog commercials, sappy music playing in the background.

I would play this but I'd be claustrophobic from being in a dungeon all the time.

Any plans for outside-the-dungeon mapping?

Eventually I'd love to do something like this but first release of the game probably not.

Though there is a stretch goal for adding a mini overworld, which would try to be like the zelda 1 style overworld but tiny.

If you do end up creating a non-dungeon map area, I will attempt to sell my semen to raise money for your project!

Will you be developing a version for Mac? If this has been answered already, sorry.

Will you be developing a version for Mac? If this has been answered already, sorry.

It's the first stretch goal, since I need to buy a mac.

----

Anyone know of any forums or places that would like the game?

Things are running a bit slow today, need to pick things up since news places aren't running with it yet.

Anyone know of any forums or places that would like the game?

Things are running a bit slow today, need to pick things up since news places aren't running with it yet.
Have you tried Vinesauce, more specifically Vinny or Joel since they appear to be the most popular of the 13 in the group.

Have you tried Vinesauce, more specifically Vinny or Joel since they appear to be the most popular of the 13 in the group.

I'll send an email to them tonight.

Also just to make sure the one on the left in this image is vinny, and the one on the right is joel correct?

I'll make a special version of the game for them tonight and email it out.

Yeah they're accurate for their respective people. Left is indeed Vinny and right is indeed Joel.

If i may nit-pick at the Vinny sprite, the two green pixels on the hat should actually be orange

I'll send an email to them tonight.
oh damn that's pretty rad. would be cool to see them stream this game.

and i have to say this game is looking awesome. i hope you make millions out of this. i'd kickstart the stuff out of this if i had money to spare.

there needs to be more fruit in this image
yknow what I mean
Waste of money to port it to mac, just like Mac itself.
---
Seriously though. Why the old Torque engine? I know that the engine doesn't matter, but I think it's a bit silly to use an engine for 2007.

It's the first stretch goal, since I need to buy a mac.
You can just emulate OS X for free, and not have to waste money on a mac.

He probably chose the old Torque engine because it's what he got used to coding and creating stuff for because of Blockland, but the newer Torque engine, Torque 3D, has a lot of differences in comparison to the Torque used by this and Blockland, and some of those differences may include changes here and there to the scripting language

But wouldn't an emulation not give accurate results because it's an emulation?

I'd look into a service called Crosstie for an OS X port. They handle games on a case-by-case basis for a fee.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 05:09:59 AM by Dannu »

That's not a long-term solution. Like it or not, Mac has its users.