oRBs Official Release With Mod Manager

Author Topic: oRBs Official Release With Mod Manager  (Read 23815 times)

To be honest, before maps were removed and RTB was closed, I used RTB primarily for keeping tabs on my friends, though the mod manager was a nice feature aswell. When it closed down, sure, we had steam if you converted, but it wasn't the same.
 Seeing RTB being rebooted by community members just... brings a tear to my eye.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 09:52:40 AM by Delcon »

Umm

your mod crashes my game whenever I try to start a server

do something

Umm

your mod crashes my game whenever I try to start a server

do something
It is possible you are experiencing the datablock (where going over about 4k datablocks crashes the game) bug a user encountered earlier. Try starting a server with only default add-ons enabled along with oRBs. Also be sure that you've ridden yourself of system_rtb

I start a game and there is no preferences to manage, but I have addons that support preferences

I start a game and there is no preferences to manage, but I have addons that support preferences
Did you run them through the oRBs converter? It is strongly recommended to do so - it should fix the preferences problem.
http://orbs.daprogs.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4

...why not just be backwards compatible? wtf

...why not just be backwards compatible? wtf
The decision was made that instead of supporting oRBs and an aging client, rtb would be slowly phased out. This allows more time and consideration to be spent on refining the new client as well as adding and polishing new and existing features. Worry not, rtb will still be able to connect to oRBs server for some time.

Most add-ons try to see if the file System_ReturnToBlockland exists, if it doesn't, it will not add its preferences to the server. This means if you do not have System_ReturnToBlockland in your folder, you cannot have the add-on's preferences.

Most add-ons try to see if the file System_ReturnToBlockland exists, if it doesn't, it will not add its preferences to the server. This means if you do not have System_ReturnToBlockland in your folder, you cannot have the add-on's preferences.
That is fixed by the oRBs converter

Did you run them through the oRBs converter? It is strongly recommended to do so - it should fix the preferences problem.
http://orbs.daprogs.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4

I still wish I could connect to the IRC

That is fixed by the oRBs converter
So you basically went through every add-on and replaced if(isFile("add-ons/System_ReturnToBlockland/server.cs"))?

So you basically went through every add-on and replaced if(isFile("add-ons/System_ReturnToBlockland/server.cs"))?

It also looks to replace RTBPrefs and creates an orbsInfo file so it can work with the mod manager.

I still wish I could connect to the IRC

Could you be more specific about your issue?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 04:48:33 PM by DAProgs »

Could you be more specific about your issue?
Even with the lastest update (thanks to tenshi for teaching me how to find the client in your forum i had to register for), it still says there is a connection error.

Also, is there supposed to be an RTB-esque server settings GUI like RTB already has? Because I am also not seeing that.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 04:53:01 PM by Col. Burton »

Even with the lastest update (thanks to tenshi for teaching me how to find the client in your forum i had to register for), it still says there is a connection error.
The issue with the authentication with your user should be fixed.

Also, is there supposed to be an RTB-esque server settings GUI like RTB already has? Because I am also not seeing that.

if your server has System_oRBs on it it shoud provide you with the prefs for your server.
If you are not getting those, verify that System_RTB has been removed from your addons.