Author Topic: oRBs Official Release With Mod Manager  (Read 23800 times)

It also looks to replace RTBPrefs and creates an orbsInfo file so it can work with the mod manager.
so you needlessly rewrote the prefs system?????????

if anything you could have just nulled the conflicting files in RTB so that the checks would still work, and (if you did needlessly rewrite the prefs system) write wrappers for the old RTB_registerPref function, or y'know use the working system?

i want to look through the code but you provide an older client.

i'm incredibly suspicious of this. this just appeared out of the blue, you're requiring registrations to download an up-to-date client, instead of just linking to it (you instead link to an older client instead of easily updating that link, for some reason), none of the download sections are visible to the public on the forum, and so on

i'm shocked nothing happened to both of you for the 3 cross-posts (here, GD, and OT) of this either, or the fact you're both advertising another forum

i don't like the way this sounds

so you needlessly rewrote the prefs system?????????
Yes I removed the RTB prefs and I'm slowly rewriting the add-on.
Since Rotondo requested to not use the name RTB, I chose to make away with it entirely.

i'm incredibly suspicious of this. this just appeared out of the blue
I would like to point out that this is out since over a year ago, if you use the search you would find the posts.

You're requiring registrations to download an up-to-date client, instead of just linking to it (you instead link to an older client instead of easily updating that link, for some reason), none of the download sections are visible to the public on the forum, and so on
Yeps, to download from the forum you need to register, this avoids a whole bunch of bots from crawling it.
-The System_oRBs auto updates and this even if you don't have a forum account. If you are unhappy because you want a direct link you just need to request it.
-The same is for the add-ons, you only require a user to manually download from the oRBs website, in-game downloading requires no account.
So you can do without an account if you wish.

i'm shocked nothing happened to both of you for the 3 cross-posts (here, GD, and OT) of this either, or the fact you're both advertising another forum
i don't like the way this sounds
I posted in General Discution. Tenshi was overly happy about this. All topics (except this one) have been locked.
Since you seem to have been emotionally bruised by the posts you should probably take it up with Badspot (Which I already have).

The forum is a container for the downloads, just as every other manager has been. There is no advertisement other than that.
If I could host the add-ons directly from here I would.

I hope this answers your questions and concerns.

Thank you for your comments,

i'm incredibly suspicious of this.
I can assure you that your suspicion is misplaced.
DAProgs has quietly developed cool stuff like the the remote server manager and even did my cloud ranks system some time ago.  
He's been both incredibly generous and trustworthy in the years he's been here.  Take it from me if that helps assuage your doubts.

I'm going to update my servers with this shortly as I get windows of time favorable for restarts.  
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 03:08:26 PM by Tezuni 2.0 »

I already have an account, but I changed the email address associated with it.

I am not getting any emails about it. Yes, I have checked my spam folder.

I already have an account, but I changed the email address associated with it.

I am not getting any emails about it. Yes, I have checked my spam folder.

You should check with your service provider.
I have verified and all 3 emails were delivered and accepted by your primary MX.
I will PM you the last validation link so you may have access in the meantime.

Turns out I didn't check my Spam folder.
The email service I used for @dargereldren.us is Zoho (since it allows free email for custom domains AND catch-all), and for some reason they omitted the Spam folder in their new theme, and, because of their poor choice of words, I mistook the "Flagged" (starred) folder as the spam folder.

Switched back to the old theme and I saw the emails.

Thanks for sending me the activation link via PM, though.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 08:16:52 AM by dargereldren »

How do I go about changing the key bind for opening the oRBs menu?

How do I go about changing the key bind for opening the oRBs menu?

The issue with the authentication with your user should be fixed.
It's not.

It's not.
I have run some manual tests and figured the encoding issue I was having with your name. You will be good to go now.

yeah guys we still have maps!!!!!!

ive made a super simple super stripped down version of RTB because i found it jarring that this does not support RTB prefs. this bothered me so much that i actually had to post to these forums about it because i didnt see anyone else do this

https://www.mediafire.com/?mgzg8jau364k496

what this does:

mods that still use RTBR_ServerControl_Hook.cs and RTBR_InfoTips_Hook.cs will still go to rtb/hooks/serverControl.cs and rtb/hooks/infoTips.cs however these files have been changed to do orbs things:

rtb/hooks/serverControl.cs will execute orbs/hooks/serverControl.cs and will add the function RTB_registerPref
 - all RTB_registerPref does now is call ORBS_registerPref with the same values

rtb/hooks/infoTips.cs will execute orbs/hooks/infoTips.cs and will add the function RTB_addInfoTip
 - all RTB_addInfoTip does now is call ORBS_addInfoTip with the same values

(also why does orbs have the "old" hook files?)

some prefs are set just incase old rtb addons use them for some weird reason:
$RTB::RTBR_ServerControl_Hook
$RTB::RTBR_InfoTips_Hook
$RTB::Hooks::ServerControl
$RTB::Hooks::InfoTips

it even loads the prefs you had on RTB for these mods if config/server/rtb/modPrefs.cs exists. (it is loaded before orb's version of the file just incase you already have the same prefs in orbs)

so theoretically this should allow legacy RTB prefs and tips to show up in oRBs, and save along with it as well if i understood modPrefs.cs correctly.

please tell me if i screwed up or you find some weird bug. i only tested the prefs and that was with an unedited duplorcator that used RTB prefs.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 05:20:34 PM by Crispy_ »