TotalBiscuit has inoperable and untreatable cancer in his liver

Author Topic: TotalBiscuit has inoperable and untreatable cancer in his liver  (Read 5080 times)

liked his older videos, he's survived cancer before, he'll probably be able to do it again.

the list is usually really loving long for people who need transplants
with total having such a large fan base maybe someone will come forward with the correct blood-type
you never know, he is well loved.  
No one is going to say 'take my liver' because then they'd be liverless

You can usually do partial liver transplants. Don't think a transplant would work in his situation though.

You can usually do partial liver transplants. Don't think a transplant would work in his situation though.
Liver transplant expert here. Most people on liver transplant lists are eligible for a living donor transplant. The problem is that there is pretty much no 'list' of people willing to give up the right lobe of their liver. This is mainly because donating part of your liver is an enormous undertaking that's absolutely nothing like giving up a kidney or doing a bone marrow transplant. The recovery takes months and people have died in the process.

Liver transplant expert here. Most people on liver transplant lists are eligible for a living donor transplant. The problem is that there is pretty much no 'list' of people willing to give up the right lobe of their liver. This is mainly because donating part of your liver is an enormous undertaking that's absolutely nothing like giving up a kidney or doing a bone marrow transplant. The recovery takes months and people have died in the process.
I know. Just wanted to bring it up that partial transplants are a thing. Still stands though that I don't think TB could benefit from a transplant.

Still stands though that I don't think TB could benefit from a transplant.
It's pretty much his only chance at living a full life if his tumors don't miraculously regress with radiation/chemo.

Man TB can't catch a loving break

That sucks but maybe provide some background on who the guy is next time.
I like how you always ask this about people you don't know about when Google is literally right around the corner.

OT: forget 2015

is it possible to donate a still-alive liver from the recently deceased

Don't be silly livers grow back.

stop minimizing this as "drats 2015 takes another :(" its rude

theory that pewdiepie is slowly taking out other youtubers until he is the most popular youtuber forever

Just cut the part of the liver with the tumors out.

As long as it's not too big the liver can regrow

theory that pewdiepie is slowly taking out other youtubers until he is the most popular youtuber forever
he has assasins with blowdarts and the darts are covered in random cancer types
they think its just a mosquito, but its really a dart