Author Topic: NVIDIA GeForce Experience soon to be required for all Game Ready Drivers.  (Read 1729 times)

nvidia is a loving company aiming to make the most powerful GPUs ever, why would they slow things down with a program
because you need a program to install graphics drivers with?
And you only need to run the program when you want to install the newest driver?
Like the putting the Game Ready Drivers behind a registration is annoying, but it's not a terrible inconvenience.
You can still download the quarterly drivers off the website, this is only for the #bleedingedge drivers.

i assume, performance-impact wise, the most it would do would be making start-up process take like
maybe 5 seconds longer at the most?
you can probably disable it from startup anyways so either way it's a non-concern
As long as you know how to disable services/startup programs, you can disable it yes.
The main Geforce Experience program doesn't even startup until you actually want to use it. The service that normally runs on startup just checks for driver updates and tells you if there is one.

TBH the only "bloatware" part of it is that the Streaming program that runs in the background, although I'd have to see if you can disable that via the startup services.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 01:18:23 PM by ZSNO »

yeah it always tells me when there's an update im pretty satisfied, it never runs in the background and only tells me when i start up

This program has always been sort of bad for me, often times it doesn't give me the most up to date drivers (which are required for some games), even if you check "Include beta drivers", and then I've had to download them manually. Not a big deal, really. And if they're phasing out manual downloads and focusing more on this program, that means that will probably get fixed anyways, right?
And for processing power...

It's not that much, for me at least. Plus, when it's in the background, it uses about a tenth of that.
So I mean, it's fine. I guess.

because you need a program to install graphics drivers with?
And you only need to run the program when you want to install the newest driver?
Like the putting the Game Ready Drivers behind a registration is annoying, but it's not a terrible inconvenience.
You can still download the quarterly drivers off the website, this is only for the #bleedingedge drivers.
I'm not saying that the entire idea is bull, I'm just saying that I would really expect nvidia to make the program light-weight as possible so it doesn't lag games

I'm not saying that the entire idea is bull, I'm just saying that I would really expect nvidia to make the program light-weight as possible so it doesn't lag games
? it doesn't lag games in my experience
You're not supposed to have the main window open while playing a game, there's no point.

Big whoop? I have never seen any problems with GeForce Experience, so why make a big deal out of it?