Author Topic: What ever happened to that map Xeidious was building?  (Read 903 times)

If I remember correctly, Xeidious was building a humongous map that looked totally bitchin' and cool, and i couldn't wait for it to be open to the public. He had an open beta or something, but I missed it. Since that, that's all i've heard about it. The server with the map was taken offline and I can't find anything more about the server.
http://www.forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=278579.0
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 06:45:32 PM by BILL NYE THO »

What happened to Nuclear Kingdom, too? He said the map was bad for that one, I think it was beautiful

I think the same thing happened with Ambitious Few, he said that the map wasn't that great compared to a new one he just started to work on
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 08:16:20 PM by GMO Ferret »

I wish that all these super big maps/projects where released for the public to use and / or continue

Okay let set down a few things, so you all know what the deal is.

These servers end up dying/going on halt for extended periods of time/various x thing happened and needs to be reset.

First with Nuclear Kingdom

Nuclear kingdom was never finished/halted for so long because of the following reasons

Lost any interest regarding the project

laziness

2 computers breaking in the process

lack of money for a dedicated server/no one willing to put forward money for a dedicated server (i don't think blocknet was even a thing at that point)

Ambitious few, reasons for not being up/worked on currently.

Build being as nice as it is has flaws in how it was built, up to 330k bricks in size any given area can crash people, and the dedicated server even seemed like it was struggling with it at the time of being hosted, this is probably due to the poor choice of using mod-terrain in large large quantities without thinking about how it was done as long as it was done. and yes, even people with beefy rigs were apparently having FPS issues and crashing from it.
 so basically there are areas that have to be completely demolished and re-done, because of the mod-ter issue, i've found using a semi-fixed floating brick support that i have helps with this, and i don't have to stack mountains of mod-ter for simplish terrain.

lack of motivation/lack of interest in the project.

i understand quite a bit of people really want this to be finished, and i have, and still am trying my damned hardest to get these projects out there, and ill probably have a setup layout as to how i'm going to manage that soon.

again no money for dedicated server, people saying they will help keep server up but never do. (i'm poor, so no i can't be bothered to pay for a dedicated server that's 10 bucks, unfortunately you'll have to deal with it, if you want to run your mouth about it i'm sure you're fine to give me money for the server.)

I'm only able to pay the server bills for dedicated servers by the skin of my teeth, yes money is that tight.
The current server i have up is only going to run throughout the rest of this month, as i cannot afford to pay for it
 again.

These projects as i state, are never really scrapped, they just die for a period of time because of the reasons i stated above.

Proof of that is Ambitious Few, remember that old stalker project i was working on anyone??? Yep, you guessed it, Ambitious Few is that old project with a more official name and story(kinda)