Author Topic: I've just been diagnosed with Glaucoma (STILL No Surgery!)  (Read 28758 times)

Sucks that you're going through this op.
Whatever happens the only option is to adapt to your situation, don't go getting depressed and stuff.
Plus medical marijuana.

go for weed if the surgery fails

In other words, I got my flu-shot today. Will I get autism now?
I thought your avatar was the calling card...

Ontopic: I hope the surgery goes well. Blindness is a scary possibility.

tip: you can wear an eyepatch without a damaged eye

Tip: you can shove 20 bricks up your ass if you try hard enough. Why would you wear an eye patch without a damaged eye?

Marijuana definitely decreases intraocular pressure, but there's no widespread agreement over whether that's the only cause of glaucoma.
Temporarily, and the reduced blood pressure may also cause harm in Glaucoma patients, effectively nulling the effects of reduced pressure. And it only lasts about 3-5 hours, most people say, so I'd have to pretty much be continuously blazing in order to keep it reduced, rather minimally. I don't like smoking pot, I've done it before. I don't like smoking anything, so I'd only ever give this a shot during something like spring break and only if I have a vaporizer or edibles.

Eyepatches are so cool that I wear two

Temporarily, and the reduced blood pressure may also cause harm in Glaucoma patients, effectively nulling the effects of reduced pressure. And it only lasts about 3-5 hours, most people say, so I'd have to pretty much be continuously blazing in order to keep it reduced, rather minimally. I don't like smoking pot, I've done it before. I don't like smoking anything, so I'd only ever give this a shot during something like spring break and only if I have a vaporizer or edibles.
Tbh, I think you're just best off taking whatever the doctor gives you.

My dad and his dad before him has/had this, I wish you the best OP, it's tough, but we're working with him to help him along his way. My dad's case was considered relatively rare for mid-age, but your case seems even more rare. You definitely don't deserve it. I hope you get everything sorted out sometime in the future.

my dad got this recently
he said a part of his vision started to go but now hes on medication for it and everything is fine

So, I'm now on 5 eye-drops after yesterday's visit to the hospital. One of which I have to take 4 times a day. Fun. And I'm going in for pre-op in 2 weeks, on a thursday. Everything's on a loving thursday.

Anyways, pretty soon, you'll have a video of my surgery and me on anesthetics. Yay.

Anyways, pretty soon, you'll have a video of my surgery and me on anesthetics. Yay.
i'm sure this is one of mr mans special interestes.

Omg please send me the video, I find that kind of stuff so interesting