Author Topic: Blockland window fails to reinitialize  (Read 889 times)

This only just started happening, but basically if I tab out of blockland and then try to return to the window it just sits there frozen while not actually crashing. I've tried changing between windowed/borderless/fullscreen and it didn't make a difference. Occasionally it'll successfully reopen the game but that doesn't really solve anything because its pretty much either play blockland and do nothing else or dont play at all.

The launcher also takes ages to load up after the game's crashed once before as well, it'll be visible in the processes but it just sits there doing nothing for a good few minutes before finally appearing on screen and launching the game, which then does exactly the same thing as the launcher.

Only fix I've found is to restart my computer entirely and that only works for at most an hour before it happens again, not much of a solution either.

noedit: does it on the steam version of blockland too, now im even more lost

>set resolution to your native size
>make it borderless
>unselect fullscreen

list all pc specs

>set resolution to your native size
>make it borderless
>unselect fullscreen
This only just started happening, but basically if I tab out of blockland and then try to return to the window it just sits there frozen while not actually crashing. I've tried changing between windowed/borderless/fullscreen and it didn't make a difference. Occasionally it'll successfully reopen the game but that doesn't really solve anything because its pretty much either play blockland and do nothing else or dont play at all.

also make sure your video drivers are up to date, specs will probably still help, try seeing if it occurs on a fresh installation of blockland (no addons, etc.)

Pretty sure it was just the drivers, i feel pretty dumb now lmao
idk why i didnt think to check that yesterday, thank you though

Never mind, it seemed fixed for a couple of days but its doing it again, fresh install through steam with no addons didn't make a difference either.

Specs
Windows 7 because im lazy
AMD FX-8320 CPU
8gb DDR3
Asus M5A97 R2.0 Motherboard
4gb Nvidia GTX 760 GPU
Two Seagate 3tb drives, one internal and one external if that matters

Never mind, it seemed fixed for a couple of days but its doing it again, fresh install through steam with no addons didn't make a
oh hey welcome to the club that happened to me too