Author Topic: Why aren't we using " doPlayerTeleport" more often?  (Read 1991 times)

I did something like this as a small proof of concept; basically just a hallway that was short from the outside, but long once you entered it.

It would be cool to see it in an actual build

I feel bad that I've forgotten the name of the host, but I was on a server the other day where these were used really well.
Was called "optical illusions", or something similar, although most of it was using these teleports.

There was a spiral staircase that you could go down for ages, and a series of rooms that you couldn't escape from. It was about 4 rooms, but you could see around 2 rooms ahead of yourself, so when walking it looked like an infinite number.

I was really impressed with it.

didn't realise how advanced this was. i'll probably be using this teleportation event more often.

I feel bad that I've forgotten the name of the host, but I was on a server the other day where these were used really well.
Was called "optical illusions", or something similar, although most of it was using these teleports.

There was a spiral staircase that you could go down for ages, and a series of rooms that you couldn't escape from. It was about 4 rooms, but you could see around 2 rooms ahead of yourself, so when walking it looked like an infinite number.

I was really impressed with it.

I'm almost curtain that was my server, as I have seen no one else host such servers (and the name you mentioned matches).

http://puu.sh/l25ST.rar have fun (requires doplayerteleport, gaze events and several others)
Some of the builds there aren't mine but you can tell if they are if they were made by BL_ID 26586

(Also, I used to host a puzzle map that used quite a few of those in it, which is still unfinished, and if you dig deep enough in my posts you can find the thread)

I might capture some videos and post here if I have the time.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 12:03:48 PM by Klarck »

thanks...

Don't worry you could probably see what errors you get in the console to deduce which addons you are missing. If you wish i could give you the list of enabled addons I have, although most of them woulden't be related to the build.

one of my major peeves with this add-on is i can't have someone walking north down a narrow corridor and be seamlessly teleported to be facing east down a similar corridor, because Relative is the only option you have for changing the horizontal view angle of the player that doesn't break the illusion.

it would be really nice if rather than the North, East, South, and West options that simply turn the player to face a specific angle, instead there was an input box that turned the player a certain number of degrees. so, following my previous example going from north to east, i could type "270" in the box and regardless of where the player was looking when they stepped on the teleport brick, the corridor would never seem to change. similarly, typing "0" would have the same effect as Relative.

my first thought was "that must be video editing"

the reason I'm not using it is because I had no idea it existed.

Lots of potential for cool stuff here, thanks for pointing it out :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvQtejT25Rs