Poll

Blocko/Lego style vehicles or regular low poly?

Author Topic: Darryl's Star Wars (AOTC) Pack [POLL: Lego style vs low poly]  (Read 17176 times)

As some of you are aware I've recently started working on some Star Wars addons. I'm going to make these part of a larger Attack of the Clones (AOTC) pack.

Currently made:
Clone trooper helmet(s) - Phase 1

Right now these helmets are all one model, and use 1 icon. The benefit of this is that players only have to download the base model, rather than all the variants. It also makes it (relatively) easy for server hosts to make their own colour variants (simply adjusting the colorshift values). The downside is that the whole icon gets colorshifted, meaning (for example) the yellow clone helmet icon is completely yellow.

Clone trooper Armor decal (I'm not sure what phase this is considered, I referenced a few lego minifigs that were wearing phase 1 helmets though)

Jango Fett Helmet

On the To-Do list:
  • Jango Fett's Chest Decal
  • Jango Fett's JetPack
  • I'm considering re-making the battledroid playertype, because I don't feel that the existing one fits very well with the models I'm making
  • I will most likely make weapons to go with the helmet/decal sets, e.g. Republic blaster rifle, Jango Fett's mandalorian pistols, etc.

I'm mainly posting this thread so I don't spam up the 3D model topic with stuff not specific to modelling. I'm happy to take suggestions, but keep in mind that for now I'm mainly focusing on AOTC/Clone wars related content.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 04:23:55 PM by Darryl McKoy »

Can you do vehicles?
Yes

If I'm going to do them I'll likely do them in exactly the same style as Packer has with his block wars pack, UV mapping the brick stud.

If you need any help I'm pretty much an expert at shapebaseimagedata / particles / emitters and I'm decent at getting sounds. I can also animate pretty well, and do some basic functions. For instance I made a force shield weapon that can stop projectiles all around the perimeter. Just send me a PM if you need me cause I love those models.

As far as icons go, I would make them individual if I were you. The file size is tiny compared to the bump in quality of the final product.

Do you think its possible to make the mandelorian super commando?

I'm recoloring that Jango Fett helmet green and using it for Boba Fett in the Block Wars sequels.

You can't stop me.

I'm recoloring that Jango Fett helmet green and using it for Boba Fett in the Block Wars sequels.

You can't stop me.
*stops u* lololololo
OT: If you can, please do the walkers!

if its possible, make the decal a model mounted around the body. decals can only be seen by others who own the decal and it would probably ruin the experience for others who don't know where to get the decal.

also don't link the playertypes to the helmets. providing them separately will probably less glitchy/annoying to server hosts.

You are awesome. I'm so happy that you are making clone wars era star wars stuff instead the galactic civil war content like most people have made. The weapon of choice for the republic is the DC15 blaster rifle if I remember correctly.

Please make thermal detonators
Please make the LAT gunship
Please make the AT-ET (the four legged battle tank that the republic uses ).

its AT-TE, not AT-ET

but good luck with that; there's still no reasonable way to make an AT-AT and i would consider an AT-TE harder to make than an AT-AT

LAT Gunship and thermal detonators though... you can probably just reskin the HE grenade for a thermal det.

Whoops my bad thanks.but yea if you can pull it off. I will forever be great full.

Yes

If I'm going to do them I'll likely do them in exactly the same style as Packer has with his block wars pack, UV mapping the brick stud.
Let me rephrase that

Can you do flying vtol vehicles?

I would love to see the following vehicles:
 LAAT/I
HMP Droid Gunship
AT-RT
AAT

There are more I would like but I don't want to be a nuisance

I would love to see the following vehicles:
 LAAT/I
HMP Droid Gunship
AT-RT
AAT
Yeah those are the ones I had in mind. I've still got a lot of non-vehicle content I want to make first, but it's something I would like to get to.

if its possible, make the decal a model mounted around the body. decals can only be seen by others who own the decal and it would probably ruin the experience for others who don't know where to get the decal.

also don't link the playertypes to the helmets. providing them separately will probably less glitchy/annoying to server hosts.
Yep I agree on it ruining the experience. I've just got the chest and back image working with a UV mapped model of the player's chest, but how do you think I should make it work in-game? Should it be an item like the helmet? Or is this where I should start making a player type? (The player type would be exactly the same as the default player bar a swapped out chest model)

Edit: One detail I just realised I've missed with the helmets is that the player doesn't actually have a neck anymore (because I'm hiding the head). If I'm going to do this right, I have to make a second model for each helmet for the head only which includes the neck. I don't want the model of the spawned item to have it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 06:57:21 AM by Darryl McKoy »

If you WILL do Playertypes, also do bots for them pls