Poll

Blocko/Lego style vehicles or regular low poly?

Author Topic: Darryl's Star Wars (AOTC) Pack [POLL: Lego style vs low poly]  (Read 17185 times)

Guys it's a Y-wing, do you even Star Wars?

Guys it's a Y-wing, do you even Star Wars?
I did research. It's a TIE Bomber

I'm going to end up dooming myself to making Block Wars stuff until I die.

Good job on the AAT. Can't wait till this is all done.

EDIT: Oh, and could you do mountable shoulder pauldrons and kamas?

Also can you make a bomb squad one from the LEGO sets? If you need a reference i get you one.

Some minor details still missing, but I'm going to focus on getting it in-game first before I continue any further. I'm not 100% happy with it because I'm not sure it really fits blockland. The shading is not final, I'll make a version much more flat-shaded and possibly put it to a vote.

If once it's ingame and has some colour, i'm happy with it, I'll likely also make this tank. I don't really follow the star wars historical chronology to great detail, but in this pack I want things to be done in twos (irrespective of whether these two vehicles were actually from the same period). The reason for this is so the pack is most useful for those who want to use it for a team deathmatch server.

Edit: That's a good segue into our next poll I guess
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 06:33:17 AM by Darryl McKoy »

To be completely honest. I loved the clone Wars animated film a few years back. Everything about it. I'd enjoy if you modeled after that too since the movie takes place only seven weeks after the first battle on geonosis

To be completely honest. I loved the clone Wars animated film a few years back. Everything about it. I'd enjoy if you modeled after that too since the movie takes place only seven weeks after the first battle on geonosis
I've never actually seen it tbh. Are you talking about style or content you want?

I've never actually seen it tbh. Are you talking about style or content you want?

Both. Give it watch it's badass the clone troopers are even better.

The AAT looks a little too rounded to me.

The AAT looks a little too rounded to me.
In shading or shape?

This is what the base looks like completely flat shaded (ignore the bones, currently rigging it)
(attached, imgur is down)

Looks better! What other vehicles are you planning on making? If you make the Turbo Tank I'll hug you

Looks better! What other vehicles are you planning on making? If you make the Turbo Tank I'll hug you
The reason I'm keeping my scope small right now is because I can't guarantee how much time I'll have available to work on this in the near future. So right now, the only vehicles I have on my list for sure are the AAT, and the TX-130 Saber-class tank

Simplified the geometry quite a bit.

Edit: I'm thinking I might give Packer's style a shot. It seems like a lot more work, and I've never done it before - so I've got no idea how long it will take.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 10:09:45 PM by Darryl McKoy »

Just wanted to say your doing a good job , and I can't wait for content to be released .