Author Topic: Programming Megathread  (Read 106378 times)

It's just about preference. I prefer to use many tools because I can switch between them way more easily than most people due to the fact that I use a window manager that encourages keyboard window management. I don't have to grab the mouse and switch to a different window. I just move my focus over and keep going. IMO, the way I do it is actually faster than if I had to navigate menus and things with a mouse because everything I need is within a few keystrokes.

In a way, my entire X session is my IDE.
Off-topic, but I'd like to point out that the window tiling shortcuts in Windows 10 are actually super fantastic. For anyone curious and on the OS, hold the Windows key and press the arrow keys.

There's also Win+Tab to open up the task view, and a few others I probably haven't found out about yet.

anyone got the source code for this simulation?

hello ladies,, i use netbeans as an IDE and MingW as a compiler

i also do
f()
{

}

hmu on pipermail :  )

speaking of Java IDEs eclipse's default dark theme is a little too colorful

holy forget skittles vomit

Off-topic, but I'd like to point out that the window tiling shortcuts in Windows 10 are actually super fantastic. For anyone curious and on the OS, hold the Windows key and press the arrow keys.

There's also Win+Tab to open up the task view, and a few others I probably haven't found out about yet.
IMO Windows 10 still has a pretty clunky mouse-driven interface despite its significant improvements over previous versions.
I wouldn't use it for programming.

in TRYING to switch it back the the default theme it seems as though something has broken

now the line my cursor is on is dark. I've restarted it like five times by now, no luck. I like eclipse, but why does it make some stuff so difficult

edit:
Foxscotch: I fixed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Foxscotch: by switching to the dark theme again and back, like I should have done in the first place
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:00:09 PM by Foxscotch »

in TRYING to switch it back the the default theme it seems as though something has broken

now the line my cursor is on is dark. I've restarted it like five times by now, no luck. I like eclipse, but why does it make some stuff so difficult
You can change the color of the line in the settings somewhere

An assembly encryptor i made a year ago as my finals project.
http://pastebin.com/TcUdQfzd
uses my own implementations of AES and SHA3.

it seems that nobody really noticed it so i'll just leave that here

You can change the color of the line in the settings somewhere
even though I edited my post after you posted this, I have absolutely no recollection of this post existing. very weird
anyway I'm sure you can but eclipse's settings are a clusterfrick so

i want that syntax for atom and im too lazy to make one and nobodys made one

[itps://i.imgur.com/KRNEnfM.png[/img]

I've always heard people complain about Monokai, but this pains me to look at.

Edit: What is blf's favorite color schemes? I don't know if it's exclusive to Sublime Text, but I like the Blackboard scheme. Dark yet simple.

i want that syntax for atom and im too lazy to make one and nobodys made one
I'm... preeeetty sure there's a java syntax for atom
Edit: What is blf's favorite color schemes? I don't know if it's exclusive to Sublime Text, but I like the Blackboard scheme. Dark yet simple.
I use monokai in sublime. I can't use blackboard because it reminds me of PHP for some reason lol
I definitely don't like using light color schemes. idk why, but I much prefer dark ones. and since eclipse is fricked, I've been considering abandoning it in favor of intellij. I already use pycharm and webstorm anyway

I'm... preeeetty sure there's a java syntax for atomI use monokai in sublime. I can't use blackboard because it reminds me of PHP for some reason lol

I'm fine with Monokai, too, I don't get all the hate behind it at all. Now that I think of it, Blackboard is kind of like PHP - but I'll still use it. I just like them broccoli cheese colors on the screen when I'm programming (joking of course).

I definitely don't like using light color schemes. idk why, but I much prefer dark ones.

I used to really enjoy the light color schemes (started out with VS) but then something along the way made me want to use dark color schemes. I think it's because I always have my monitor brightness up pretty high, and the white just killed my eyes.