Author Topic: Programming Megathread  (Read 106393 times)

Edit: What is blf's favorite color schemes? I don't know if it's exclusive to Sublime Text, but I like the Blackboard scheme. Dark yet simple.
solarized dark baby

pastels on dark isnt that bad either

Edit: What is blf's favorite color schemes? I don't know if it's exclusive to Sublime Text, but I like the Blackboard scheme. Dark yet simple.
Zenburn theme on NPP is my favorite. Haven't found an equivalent theme for atom, but admittedly I haven't really looked either.

okay after the bump:
has anybody successfully compiled a VS C++ dll on Linux with mingw? asking for a friend

holy mother of bump
was that a 5 page bump jesus
anyways yeah i installed A E S T H E T I C theme for atom and its perfect
also learning c# for game development

im majoring in CS so im currently learning how to code
any good tutorials you guys would suggest?

depends on what you're learning
but for a big list of resources for a BUNCH of programming languages, this website is perfect
probably not very safe for school or work viewing (very vulgar), but most of the stuff it links to should be

for more personal advice I think we'd definitely need to know what language you're trying to learn
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 01:31:30 PM by Foxscotch »

idk where to find it but learn about Mach-o/big-o notation if you haven't. it'll save you a lot of trouble

I need a project to work on with someone, I start stuff but after a week get stuck on something or other and forget about it.  It's so nice to have someone to bounce ideas off  and being accountable for stuff makes me actually get stuff done.

teach me how to code a game in 5 minutes do it go im fast learner

bump
because this dies

also what's blf's favorite vim expression

teach me how to code a game in 5 minutes do it go im fast learner

Logic loop and rendering loop in two different threads, calculate frame delta by storing the old system time in a variable and subtracting it from the new system time, perform data point interpolation according to the delta value, listen for messages or keystrokes and manipulate the data.

Logic loop and rendering loop in two different threads, calculate frame delta by storing the old system time in a variable and subtracting it from the new system time, perform data point interpolation according to the delta value, listen for messages or keystrokes and manipulate the data.

I honestly don't think that you can learn to code in five minutes.

I honestly don't think that you can learn to code in five minutes.

I was joking, lol. There was way too much ambiguity in what I said, while it technically holds true, what I said is similar to someone saying "teach me math" and replying "to get the y-intercepts of a quadratic curve, find the factors."