Programming Megathread

Author Topic: Programming Megathread  (Read 106289 times)

i wouldn't know because there are no dependencies listed on luarocks (im using the windows version of luarocks to try to install luasql) that relate to the unresolved externals

after doing some research, the unresolved externals are windows functions included in some crypt library, which makes the issue look like a failure to link the windows crypt library correctly but i honestly have no clue. the internet as a whole has no clue either because i can't find anyone else who had similar issues

the only thing required is a mysql install but a version isn't specified anywhere that i could see so im just using the latest version. the issue seems to be originating from within the mysql include directory files if that means anything
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 10:48:25 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

Just started to learn Java.  Any pointers for a novice?

Just started to learn Java.  Any pointers for a novice?

No, only references

[/dumb joke]

Just started to learn Java.  Any pointers for a novice?
Books can help, but alot of learning programming is making your own code and learning from your mistakes.
I would also recommend you learn a bit about OOP (Object Oriented Programming) once you get the basics under your belt.

is there some pre-compiled thing of luasql 2.2 out there because i'm absolutely loving tired of wasting time doing stuff workarounds and not progressing at all
I could only find 2.0.1, but I didn't really look that much. http://files.luaforge.net/releases/luasql/luasql/LuaSQL2.0.1

I have never been more turned on by a programming language before typescript

Foxscotch - Today at 1:15 AM
typescript is getting my richard hard as we speak
tfw u don't have to use v8 flags for ES6 in node.js
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
no more --harmony --harmony_default_parameters

function rofl(x = 12, ...users) {
   return x;
}

compiles to

function rofl(x) {
    if (x === void 0) { x = 12; }
    var users = [];
    for (var _i = 1; _i < arguments.length; _i++) {
        users[_i - 1] = arguments[_i];
    }
    return x;
}

not to mention the sweet frickin bonuses you get for classes and type safety

anyone know how to disable the auto formatting in visual studio? i bought it today and it's been a total pain in the richard the way it formats every single line the way it pleases

tools > options
open the text editor section and look around in there. you'll have to do it individually for each language, but it should be there where you disable things like that

p.s. I checked with VS Express 2015
might be different for older versions, idk
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:30:48 PM by Foxscotch »

That worked, thanks. There were like 20 different boxes i had to check/uncheck tha all had to do with the format. Not sure why anyone would want their typing so restricted like that.

That worked, thanks. There were like 20 different boxes i had to check/uncheck tha all had to do with the format. Not sure why anyone would want their typing so restricted like that.
It saves lots and lots of keystrokes when you set it up to what you want.

It saves lots and lots of keystrokes when you set it up to what you want.

idk, I get super used to typing in parenthases that having the pair completed for me leads to me typing an extra closing parenthase it's like "really"

Any suggestions on how to approach this?

I've never had to make a variable increase in increments before. Is there a specific syntax for this?

idk, I get super used to typing in parenthases that having the pair completed for me leads to me typing an extra closing parenthase it's like "really"
many editors will automatically ignore it if you enter a second one after they added it themselves
also, it's parenthesis for singular and parentheses for plural

I've never had to make a variable increase in increments before. Is there a specific syntax for this?
I'm not sure exactly what this assignment is asking you to do (what is M?)
but to increment a variable you set the variable to itself plus the number you want to increment by
v = v + 0.1 in this case
there's also a syntax shortcut for that, v += 0.1

if you were just incrementing by 1 you could use v++ but that won't work for this

Nevermind I figured it out, thanks though. I didn't realize the lecture material for arrays began this week and figured the program out pretty quickly after reading through the notes.