Author Topic: Post cool events that you know (with instructions!)  (Read 2486 times)

Show people how to make cool stuff with events.
Here's what I did:

Event Randomizer
This can be done with completely default events, but in this example we use the doPlayerTeleport addon

The randomizer needs to be one brick and needs to run the length of the possibilities.
The amount of possibilities is limited by the length of the brick.
However, you can extend that by making randomizers that activate multiple randomizers at random, meaning you can
essentially have endless possibilities.

Multiple buttons to open a door ('AND' System)

Stealth-Compatible Bots
By default, the game's bots detect you instantly when you get close to them.
This will demonstrate how to give players a chance to either avoid a confrontation or to sneak up on them.

Coming soon: Something else! Maybe!
I'm available to answer questions and if you crazy kids know better ways to do these lemme know.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 07:39:49 PM by Sitrus »

damn why didn't I think of this

absolutely amazing

When I was attempting to learn how to script, I used the exact event randomizer for bricks "Survive the Disasters" server. It is very efficient.

Pretty sure this kind of how to has been made a few times but they should defo be put into a collection and stickied for new players I think

I have made my own randomizers like that before, I had the idea the moment I saw a long brick output projectiles in that manner. The AND idea is just really cool though.

That's really nice.
I had no idea that was possible.

I now need to come up with some ways to implement them.
Definitely bookmarking this topic so I can check it out again.

I made a guide for the randomizer on steam. I've seen this done since I started blockland. It's very useful for any application since it only requires default events.

I made a guide for the randomizer on steam. I've seen this done since I started blockland. It's very useful for any application since it only requires default events.
Your randomizer looks less messy than the one I made.
I didn't even think to use an invisible brick like that.

Can you tell us how to make slot machines after you do stealth bots?

VCE is easiest, but you can technically do it with default events. fancy use of projectile events, basically.

All I really know about slot machines is that the projectile randomizer is involved.
I mean it's easy to have it randomize the the three digits on the screen, but I don't know how to have it do something when you get a certain number.

All I really know about slot machines is that the projectile randomizer is involved.
I mean it's easy to have it randomize the the three digits on the screen, but I don't know how to have it do something when you get a certain number.
you can do a complex as f mechanism where it decrements the print count sequentially and on underflow, turns on a relay event that is turned off on the next decrement. this only accounts for triple of any number though

Easy: put three rows of 10 bricks (each representing 0-9) below the brick that fires a relay. Have the relay fire the projectile three times. Each time a brick is hit it would disappear. Thus, if the projectile is fired in the same position three times you'll have an outcome of three equal numbers on the slot machine. Now to actually display the numbers with prints just have each row represent one of the three print bricks for the slot machine, and each brick have a setPrintCount to that brick corresponding with its position. To have prizes and stuff just add those events to the last row of bricks.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:39:35 PM by Legodude77 »

Easy: put three rows of 10 bricks (each representing 0-9) below the brick that fires a relay. Have the relay fire the projectile three times. Each time a brick is hit it would disappear. Thus, if the projectile is fired in the same position three times you'll have an outcome of three equal numbers on the slot machine. Now to actually display the numbers with prints... I don't know at this exact moment.
You could have a projectile hit a stack of three bricks that set the randomizer to SetPrintCount to the first, second, and third bricks.

You could have a projectile hit a stack of three bricks that set the randomizer to SetPrintCount to the first, second, and third bricks.
Oh I forgot about setPrintCount. Is that default?