Author Topic: I can't get my old key.  (Read 1715 times)

You need a non-steam key in order to run a dedicated server
no you dont
where did you get this info

no you dont
where did you get this info

I posted a thread a year ago asking if it was possible. I was told I needed a Non-Steam key or to pay for hosting such as Blocknet. Unless that has changed now, or a solution has been found that I am unaware about.

yea its changed u can host easily without a key
google search it or look on steam discussion board

yea its changed u can host easily without a key
google search it or look on steam discussion board
You can host a dedicated server on steam by adding the -dedicated argument to the "Set launch options..." menu. However, when you run your dedicated server you won't be able to start a second instance of the game to actually join it, which is the flaw that has people steering away from the steam version if possible.

You can host a dedicated server on steam by adding the -dedicated argument to the "Set launch options..." menu. However, when you run your dedicated server you won't be able to start a second instance of the game to actually join it, which is the flaw that has people steering away from the steam version if possible.
i saw a way to do it where u can host and play at the same time but idk where it is

i saw a way to do it where u can host and play at the same time but idk where it is
Well following your advice to search the steam discussion board and good wasn't particularly fruitful.