So the forums is now unblocked at my school

Author Topic: So the forums is now unblocked at my school  (Read 1680 times)

it's not really an automated program that just blocks stuff

If your school is like my school, they're paying for a program and behind the program are people who check websites that students recently visit. They check the website to make sure it's educational or w/e and if it's not, they block it.

I've managed to visit a site on my own just a couple times to find out next week it got blocked
if you have to sign in to access your schools network also anything you visit gets logged with those people and schools can request to view anything you've visited for whatever reason from them

it's pretty in depth if your school actually gives a forget about the traffic on their network

My school uses Webroot for its proxy (which doesn't block Imgur, but semi-blocks the forums) and the DNS is OpenDNS which does block Imgur, but not the forum (or new websites)

It's really simple to get past the DNS block on mobile, just use a different one.
For computers, I just do the best of both worlds and have the BLF ignore the proxy.

edit: blockland.us is completely blocked on both though
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 04:23:09 PM by dargereldren »

My college computers don't block anything.

my friend tried to accept my steam friend request when he was using his laptop and he used the school's wifi and it was blocked
but apparently queeba.us isnt blocked so um

I was trying to find something on the blf when I was at work and when I started typing it in it autocompleted so someONE HAS BEEN ON THE FORUMS ON MY COMPUTER AT WORK??? And I work as a receptionist at a salon so that was super weird and totally unexpected

I was trying to find something on the blf when I was at work and when I started typing it in it autocompleted so someONE HAS BEEN ON THE FORUMS ON MY COMPUTER AT WORK??? And I work as a receptionist at a salon so that was super weird and totally unexpected
if ur using google chrome and you're signed in on ur google account it will automatically sync your autocompletes

if ur using google chrome and you're signed in on ur google account it will automatically sync your autocompletes
I wasn't but my other coworker was
But I doubt it was her she's like 30 or 31

Lol, that's funny that is used to block BLF.

I was trying to look up statistics on average Internet speed in the United States today. The report I was looking for was blocked for "Criminal Skills"

I see, that makes sense. It's no wonder blocking software can be very expensive at times. I will do some research on my school's "ContentKeeper" to find out just how powerful it is.He could be you... He could be me...
HE COULD EVEN BE...
insert head blowing up and blood spurting everywhere because dumbass Soldier is a dumbass

OT: I haven't checked if BLF is blocked at my school, but I guess since its basically meant for a game, well... Yeah.