Poll

which is better

85 (45.7%)
101 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Scenery's SUBURBIA  (Read 127921 times)

cityrp is innately similar to darkrp
That probably has something to do with it being originally based on darkrp

yeah, but even when people try to make additions that are ostensibly not related to darkrp the game is still fundamentally darkrp-like

like the citizens > criminals > cops > better armed criminals > better armed cops food chain is unmistakeable

make jail fun in some way
Horribly if taken out of context.

Anyway, I get that you removed labor jobs as they were horribly grindy.
But instead of completely removing, you could improve them.
Make them flow into the dynamic of the game.
They were almost the only job where you actually had to work.

For example, instead of an admin-build mine and forest, how about letting CEOs or the likes be able to buy the materials to build their own mine or forest.
Then they could start a real company with other players as their employees.
If the pay was great too, then enough will gladly be laborers.

And increase the diversity of those jobs too.
We could have: office workers mining papers, cleaners having to mop up small dirt patches, garbage men driving around town emptying trashcans, ...

An other idea is to let some building aspects only usable by certain jobs.
Only someone working in a garage can place a vehicle spawn for example.
Or only an electrician will be able to place most events.
Painting and building should still be done by the player though, or building would suck.

We could have: cleaners having to mop up small dirt patches, garbage men driving around town emptying trashcans, ...
no i'm not having mobile phone minigames in the form of jobs
and i'm not going to be making a big business system thing because that doesn't fit at all into a city rpg. having players buy forests doesn't make for very exciting gameplay and is generally suited more for management games not cops v. robber ripoffs like city rpg is

it seems like you got a rather large dose of rally city rpg suggestions i suggest you go and find a cure
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 06:53:18 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

I want people to try and kill the mayor like in Gmod DarkRP.
And if that happens the mayor should lose his job, prioritizing the protection of the mayor.
the problem is that this will actually prioritize every player on the server trying to shoot the mayor including his guards

the problem is that this will actually prioritize every player on the server trying to shoot the mayor including his guards
that should be simple to solve: if the mayor is killed, give the player who killed them a 5 star wanted level. arresting a 5 star criminal gives so much money all the police officers will race after to chase the criminal in order to get a lot of cash
also the mayor will have increased hp because him having 100 hp makes it really likely that the mayor will just be killed every 3 minutes
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 08:20:51 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

i just finished a thing that makes it so that you don't have to have big dumb holes in the ground for lots
it's great and this map will be amazing once this server is up

so lots are practically done
only thing that i have to consider now is the colors that they should have
i've decided to go with a brown color for lots out of the cities

but inside cities lots will be colored gray like concrete because it looks a lot better compared to the dirt color i'm using

if you have a better suggestion for the brown color for lots outside of cities i'm open cause frankly i think it just is a bit off
so yeah that concludes exciting development blog edition #4 or whatever

I like the grey for industrial/commercial lots, but what about a noticeablly different shade of green for the other ones?

Sorry for double post, but, will lots be priced according to location or just size?

Sorry for double post, but, will lots be priced according to location or just size?
he should take both of those into account when pricing imo

most of the lots are free form like city rpg has always been, but there are a few on the mountain that are 64x64 only and yes those locations will have increased prices. i can have other locations have increased prices too for nice neighborhoods or whatever

i enjoy looking at the progress and map

good job

most of the lots are free form like city rpg has always been, but there are a few on the mountain that are 64x64 only and yes those locations will have increased prices. i can have other locations have increased prices too for nice neighborhoods or whatever
Perfect. My hope is that if people should choose to sell their property, the niceness (for lack of a better term) of the surrounding properties will be factored into their price.

Are you planning on having any prebuilt buildings? I think this would be good because it sort of sets a given style and level of build quality expectation for that area.