Poll

which is better

85 (45.7%)
101 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Scenery's SUBURBIA  (Read 127934 times)

Will gangs be added? For example you could claim a specific part of a city (Maybe the ghetto bit, or if your more organized, parts of downtown) as your own and over time garner influence and gain a small stipend of money (Through player-completed extortion or per-turn money).

so the drug system is complete. our drugs will work a little differently than /ty's drug system
drugs will not be really expensive, they will be cheap but produce a low amount of money. you have to dedicate a ton of space to drugs in order to get a large profit, which means that you can't generate like 10k from the drugs that fit in a 16x16 lot. drugs batoned by police will give the police officer who batoned the drugs and the government 3/4's of the money that the drug took to place. hopefully this means that drugs will give police a lot of money cause in other city rpg servers you only got like 600 bucks for busting the biggest drug lord in the city

also food will work really differently compared to anything that anyone has seen so far but we're not finished on deciding how that will work so stay tuned for more cool mechanics

also also the superior system looks like it's winning so i'll go ahead and make that work ingame

also also also we've decided that bounty hunter jobs are the same as criminals (they're civilians that spawn with guns) so we've removed them
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 03:51:34 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

meanwhile on the professional working environment that is the suburbia dev server

we've turned nicolas cage into the sun
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 09:31:11 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

more updates hooray
safes are complete
you can store money into your safe and you can also store items in your safe

safes will only be accessible by their owners in order to make them completely secure
if you want to steal from a safe you will have to get a drill or some explosive in order to break it open
money stored in the safe won't be taxed by the government which gives players with safes a huge advantage for money
only problem is that if your bank account is audited all money that would normally go into your bank account will be delivered straight to your player's wallet. so paychecks will accumulate in your wallet if you don't deposit your money to a safe

also i've started working on c4, the models are from the payday 2 model dump if you're interested

this bush will die
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 03:38:36 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

Will the server be open soon so we can test some things out?

Will the server be open soon so we can test some things out?
maybe in a week or 2, i don't even have any jobs done so it still needs a lot of work

bump cause i need a saw/drill model for busting into safes
i would use the saw from the payday 2 dump, but i can't for the life of me figure out the animations and the drill from that dump isn't handheld and i need a handheld saw/drill

trogtor(?) had a drill on his server when he was hosting the madman boss battle

bump cause i need a saw/drill model for busting into safes
i would use the saw from the payday 2 dump, but i can't for the life of me figure out the animations and the drill from that dump isn't handheld and i need a handheld saw/drill
smooth had a drill in his crpg, try and find that or use the novelty items for it, idk

If you want, I can dig up a jackhammer model and script from another CRPG.

ok so i found the jackhammer on my own so i'm going to use that cause its actually p funny to see someone holding a jackhammer sideways

so safes are entirely done, you can use the jackhammer to crack open someone else's safe in order to get their money/items inside. if you're on your own, cracking open a safe takes 1 minute, if you're with 2 people, it takes 30 seconds, etc. the jackhammer is also the best melee weapon ever because well its a jackhammer its going to split skulls in milliseconds

most of the major game mechanics for this are done, so i will be able to work on jobs n stuff soon which is basically the last part of the server that i have to do
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 12:25:13 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

also we are taking loops so if you have some good one pass that stuff. rules are it has to feel like something you might hear on a block city radio ala gta so you have a lot of leeway but we cant stack up on any one genre so try to do something unique genre wise. we prefer underused or original loops too to add flavor.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 12:41:57 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:51:06 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »