Poll

which is better

85 (45.7%)
101 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Scenery's SUBURBIA  (Read 127910 times)

did anyone else misread that as subnautica and thought about how cool a server idea it was?

full 1 pixel == 1 stud map generated in 3 minutes
the previous version of the minimap generator took 2 hours to make this
i think i've accomplished something good

That's really cool, mind if I ask what you used to generate the map?

a .dll and a python script

http://puu.sh/mYbRq/4f04965672.png
8796x9160 image where 1 pixel == 1/8 of a stud
took a combined like 45 minutes to generate

i'll make an absolutely huge image overnight where every pixel is 1/16 or 1/32 of a stud or something

also GEORGES

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THAT POOR LAMPPOST

also also for this to be perfect i need to figure out how to make trees look better on the map

those green sticks are trees
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 01:23:53 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

what i would have to do in order to fix the trees is add collision boxes of some form to all of them because they're slyvanor trees and only god knows why he didn't put collision boxes on them

i predict gyt is going to add "playing on this server will not result in banishment for eternity" to the little guaranteed features area in the op soon
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 01:33:04 AM by CharlesSpeaking »

Do you have any particular plans to implement a custom chat system? I feel the default, global chat would serve to deter the overal experience.

so as mayor you'll be able to audit bank accounts and maybe chose which guns/drugs are illegal and control how much money the gov gets from taxs and what not
i decided that the lamest way possible to do this is through server commands so i've designed a centerprint gui system and charles has built some rooms for different gui's that you might experience in-game for stuff like managing employees as police chief or doing mayor stuff or whatever
if some of you are worried that instead of a city rpg this will become a gui rpg don't fear i don't plan to stuff these gui's everywhere

so yeah here's a demo of what the mayor would see when he's changing laws n stuff

there'll be some music that plays as well so you get a good menu experience
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 04:25:31 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

police gui for doing police thing
forgot to mention the prints on those monitors are of course temporary i'm not bad enough to have something like that in the actual game

also the options in the gui's are placeholders so don't expect to see them in the final game (even though they probably will be in the final game)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 09:30:08 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

...and all of theses awesome builds and map will soon be forgeted up with random noob builds lol

i want to be in this why am i not in this ffssss gyt

after about 17 years of not updating the op i have now updated the op (and the poll vote too i want to see what people prefer in city rpgs) so read it there's some stuff that i haven't posted about yet in there such as bill cosby sometimes becoming the sun

...and all of theses awesome builds and map will soon be forgeted up with random noob builds lol
we're going to restrict build quality a lot more than other city rpg's
don't worry there will still be builds around i looked on some other city rpg's and they seemed to have mostly quality good builds except for like a few that weren't up to standard but the build quality is definitely going to be more strict compared to other city rpg's
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 05:05:47 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »