Scenery's SUBURBIA

Poll

which is better

85 (45.7%)
101 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Scenery's SUBURBIA  (Read 127904 times)

I think you could restrict building to some sort of special role, like an architect.
And the other roles, instead of building, they could pick building models submitted by the architects, or ask them themselves to build for them, in exchange for goods, money, dunno.

or actual building classes idk
this is good although problems arise with people needing the mechanical benefits of buildings quickly and general what if scenarios of the entire server waiting for someone who builds good to get online. also if we put buildings up for sale the cheapest building will be loving everywhere.

This would be really cool if you actually had to buy a house that someone else made.
If buying a house was expensive enough it would incentivize renting people's apartments and hotel rooms and what not.
currently this won't happen as lot prices are pretty low and renting seems like paying for build trust. there is quite a bit of incentive to start building with farming/shops/drugs/crafting stuff all needing a lot but all of that stuff requires extended ownership of a lot to actually make profit. if the lot prices are jacked up to where only rich people can have them that just means nobody ever gets to do these things.

How about some sort of build decay system? If people build something really crappy and leave without working on their build in some way it starts to decay and become rundown until it eventually gets deleted.

You don't have to build on it to reset the decay either, it could be stuff like the owner of the bricks touching their build or doors opening.

I know this system wouldn't help affect quality of builds but I feel it would affect the theme of the server in a way. You could maybe have rundown neighborhoods due to people being forced out from violence in the area, gangs using old buildings as safehouses, etc. There could be some laws the mayor could change to affect decay rates and the like.
not sure how this would even work. crappy lots get run down so there needs to be a rating system of some sort but if decay is reset so easily it isn't really a problem. gangs wouldn't use old buildings as safehouses unless everyone in them has build trust with the owner.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 11:27:32 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

Hmm, I would suggest a trust decay then where after a period of inactivity in a build it would become public trust maybe? But then that would be giving out free builds to people, unless it could become "foreclosed" and somebody could buy the lot for a cheaper price than what it was paid for, they just have to either fix up the build or clear it out.

A shorter version: A building isn't used for a long time > it is put up for sale due to being foreclosed (at this point the building itself will slowly decay by random bricks being destroyed) > somebody buys it for a cheaper price and now owns what is left.

i like the idea of having designated architect roles and such who build properties for people to then buy, even a job such as a realtor who sells properties to people would be awesome

also just regulate builds so that you want people to put effort into their build, if its not as good as surrounding builds then just give them tips on how to improve. if it looks like no effort was put into it then just give them a warning to rebuild or it'll be removed or something

this is good although problems arise with people needing the mechanical benefits of buildings quickly and general what if scenarios of the entire server waiting for someone who builds good to get online. also if we put buildings up for sale the cheapest building will be loving everywhere.

perhaps we could work this idea a little more.

you brought up two issues that can be worked around. The issue about people only buying the cheapest building, you could fix that by providing variety, aaand also, expensive builds cost more because they have more services available.

For example:
I’m a gun shop owner, I have this really simple gun shop that sells guns and spears.
If I invest my savings into a better establishment, I would now have a panic button, in case people try to assault me, and I would be also  
selling not only guns and spears, but also rocket Launchers.

About the other issue you brought up, you pictured a scenario where players would be endlessly waiting for an architect to come online and build for them. What if the architect had some sort of wait list? The costumers would request the architect’s services, sending him a PM (is there a PM system?) with the project information about his build, details about color, layers etc. Once the requested architect comes online, he would bring up this wait list, accepting, declining and giving priority to these projects he finds the most interesting for his agenda.

You could also include a rating system for architects, in case they do not deliver the requested build, after being paid, or if their building, in general, looks bad.
Since low ratings could cause an architect to lose his role, in order to avoid abuse, you could work it so the costumers can only rate an architect, if he has accepted their offer, and has been paid for it.

idk if i worded this correctly but yea, i think itd be neato

Honestly I'd only be fine with architect system if it wasn't a requirement
Like, if I have a lot I better be able to build on the damn thing.

Speaking of building and lots you better allow some creative cool events so I can make my slot machines and arcades to make mad dosh ok

Speaking of building and lots you better allow some creative cool events so I can make my slot machines and arcades to make mad dosh ok

yes i would like to make a gambling house filled with illegal stuff

the whole building upgrade thing wont work since we are explicitly avoiding any kind of permanence with upgrades of any kind so that the server is not monopolized by those with the cash to get the upgrades first

a problem with architects being paid to build things is that 99% of the time people won't ever pay for stuff if they can do it for free and they can. we probably will just use admin discretion on build removals.

also we are trying to avoid people's builds decaying naturally since building takes a long time and people like their builds.

arcades and stuff sound like a cool idea though

ok after brainstorming we've decided that we will do slot machines in the form of swollow's brick. ill probably also make some sort of pay money event so you'll be able to do whatever the forget you want with that, whether it be arcade machines or stripper clubs or whatever stuff you guys come up with. there will be no event that gives a player who pressed a brick money though because that could be abused by people with your full trust and would not work when the brick owner's bank account is empty.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 01:36:18 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

ok after brainstorming we've decided that we will do slot machines in the form of swollow's brick. ill probably also make some sort of pay money event so you'll be able to do whatever the forget you want with that, whether it be arcade machines or stripper clubs or whatever stuff you guys come up with. there will be no event that gives a player who pressed a brick money though because that could be abused by people with your full trust and would not work when the brick owner's bank account is empty.

so no relay arcade machines, just the brick? i think it would be cool to event our own machines but i guess if it  can be abused.....

so no relay arcade machines, just the brick? i think it would be cool to event our own machines but i guess if it  can be abused.....
you'll be able to do something like
onActivate -> Player -> requestMoney [500]
onRequestPaid -> Self/named brick -> fireRelay
if you want to

update: vehicle statistics gui

click the image for a gif

this gui will show various statistics for all the vehicles on the server to make your purchase decisions easier and informed. this gui will be opened via a button in the spawn vehicle gui that'll auto-select the vehicle you've selected in the spawn vehicle gui. everything is pretty self explanitory and there isn't anything else to this gui its just nice to have for making well informed purchase decisions
also note: the prices aren't final yes i know some vehicles are free

you'll be able to do something like
onActivate -> Player -> requestMoney [500]
onRequestPaid -> Self/named brick -> fireRelay
if you want to

perfect

ok here's the two ways you'll be able to access the vehicle statistics gui:
1. use /vehicles
2. this: http://puu.sh/rWGEI/995592f43f.gif

When do you expect a finished and furnished product

When do you expect a finished and furnished product

when it is complete