Poll

which is better

85 (45.7%)
101 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Scenery's SUBURBIA  (Read 127939 times)

this game will probably be done before i graduate from college in like 6 or 7 years but no promises

I think a good idea would be implementing lot-specific "token" system, perhaps players can partner with other businesses so they can create discounts or even token payments?

I think a good idea would be implementing lot-specific "token" system, perhaps players can partner with other businesses so they can create discounts or even token payments?

okay but what are the lot tokens and what do they do? you cant just give the name of an idea and something to go along with it without giving us the actual idea

I think he means a per-business currency as in store credit.

I think he means a per-business currency as in store credit.
Pretty much this, tokens could be used to create shop discounts, power the arcades for prize winning and other interesting stuff.

if u want help with city buildings lmk, ive made the default buildings for a lot of stuff over the years

On behalf of Suburbia, I am proud to announce the latest addition to the next-gen government system: throat singing

stay tuned for teaser trailer

update: pope

click for gif

the pope runs the church and is in charge of the priests that are also apart of the church. the church's main goal is to appease god via donations and human sacrifice so that god doesn't rain down super meteors or alligators equipped with machine guns. the pope can equip their priests with weapons that deal extra damage to corpse beasts and maybe druggies but that hasn't been confirmed by the game designer. the pope can also manually trigger god events that add/subtract karma which means he can control karma that way (god events are triggered automatically every 3 minutes and based on karma they'll either be good (such as money/gun rain, etc.) or they'll be bad (alligator rain, etc.)). to reduce the cooldown shown in the gif the pope can sacrifice people and the richer they are the more they'll reduce the cooldown. if you sacrifice people without the event trigger cooldown active then the sacrifices will increase karma based on how rich the sacrificees are. the pope also is in charge of hiring/firing priests.
direct interaction with god will be a rare occurance. he'll just sit there doing his events unless karma gets ridiculously low then he might scream at you or some stuff

additional notes about the pope:
- the mayor can make himself the pope via laws
- the mayor can pass laws that harm the church's interests i.e. laws that increase bad karma
- the mayor can pass laws that benefit the church i.e. donating a portion of tax money directly to the church
- the pope might be able to turn church funds into positive karma but i need to talk to destroyerofblocks about that
- pope hat http://puu.sh/nAVed/e5ffcc5db4.png
- anyone can donate to the church via the church's altar brick and the pope pockets 30% of the money donated that he gets to decide what to do with

ok so remember when i posted centerprint guis and everybody was like "cool" well we aren't going to be having those anymore because they are way too much work. the suburbia client will not be required to play except if you want to be the mayor/police chief/pope. i'm going to try to keep the amount of guis reduced so that people without the client can still play the game though
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 04:37:16 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

whoa we're in the year 2277

will there be a underground system

Those karma events every 3 minutes seem a little too frequent, unless they'll be small events most of the time.

ok i have no update related picture this time but the church is done which is a forgetin massive part of the game done which is
the pope can hire/fire through their gui and human sacrifices add positive karma and that's what i've done for today but that makes the church complete

so dance
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 07:11:58 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »