Scenery's SUBURBIA

Poll

which is better

85 (45.7%)
101 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Scenery's SUBURBIA  (Read 127913 times)

you gonna do food models?
having food models would be nice because i could make bricks with them and players could use the bricks to decorate their shops

if you want to do it here's the food:

burrito
cheeseburger
doughnut
garbage (like a garbage bag)
omelet
salad
hotdog
a syringe for the drug foods
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 02:09:27 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

we should but thats a lot of models

can u spike the garbage food so that it acts like normal food but has negative effects

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-RJbDI8Cis bank gui in action
update: bank gui and help gui

ok so dob thought it would be a good idea to let players store their stuff in the bank like weapons and resources and food so instead of making a nightmare infobrick to use to store all your bullstuff so i made a bank gui to simplify this stuff. it automatically opens when you go to the bank/atms and lets you store your stuff. here's the description from the help section of the bank because it explains the bank better and more eloquently than i will:
Quote from: help gui
Banks are a frugal blockhead’s way of money and item preservation. Money and items stored in the bank are much more protected from loss on death than they are on hand, only a fraction of stored money and items are dropped as opposed to everything carried. The bank has found it prudent to spread its operations in the form of ATMs as bank users were frequently targeted by criminals. Any of the gray and green ATMs found around the island function exactly like the main bank building. For more information on the specifics of money and item loss on death see Death. (i made a post about how you drop stuff on death before so if you want to know more find it)
in addition to this you will be allowed to kill players in the bank because being told not to by rule doesn't work and is bullstuff and scripting in something that makes players take no damage in banks can be used as a cheap way to avoid being killed on the streets

so yeah that excerpt is straight from the help gui which will be included in the suburbia client to make it easier for everybody to figure out what the stuff is going on. help commands are some bullstuff because they are divided up into sections and it takes 50 hours to navigate those sections because you have to type in a different command and then page up/down through all the bullstuff to get an idea of what is going on. for the gui you just click a section on the left side and there you go there's the information you want. all suburbia gameplay mechanics will be covered in the help section and there's like 10-15 sections that haven't been added to the help gui yet hence why the image above only features several. the help gui can be accessed through the character gui which was featured in an earlier update post.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 04:38:30 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

since dying is so bad can i be reminded how killing won't be used as a toy/trolling mechanism.

the cops arrest people and they are disarmed for a few minutes depending on how bad their crimes are and you can basically kill them for free although the cops will try to nab you as well

it cant really be stopped if the entire police force plus mayor are involved but at that point most of the server wants your life to end so youre probably forgeted

it also helps that you're able to get stuff quickly
crops grow in a minute and mines generate lots of resources per minute too so even if you can only hold onto your crops or mines for a short period of time you should have plenty of resources to obtain a means of self defense whether that be a lot purchased from resources sold via export or weapons crafted using your resources or even food crafted because some foods give hp buffs
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 07:56:58 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

having food models would be nice because i could make bricks with them and players could use the bricks to decorate their shops

if you want to do it here's the food:

burrito
cheeseburger
doughnut
garbage (like a garbage bag)
omelet
salad
hotdog
a syringe for the drug foods

hellll yeahhh i can make some models

the cops arrest people and they are disarmed for a few minutes depending on how bad their crimes are and you can basically kill them for free although the cops will try to nab you as well

it cant really be stopped if the entire police force plus mayor are involved but at that point most of the server wants your life to end so youre probably forgeted
so whats to stop a whole coordinated group from seizing control and just slaughtering everyone

so whats to stop a whole coordinated group from seizing control and just slaughtering everyone
nothing currently

if you can gather your friends go for it it doesnt seem to have been a problem in past city rpgs

I Can't wait until this gets released.
Hopefully, this will be hosted for more than 2 days, unlike most city rpgs

i am feeling trepidation at the prospect of a suburbia-less existance