Scenery's SUBURBIA

Poll

which is better

85 (45.7%)
101 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Scenery's SUBURBIA  (Read 127826 times)

so if you only have 1 gun in your inventory do you lose 25% of it

does a chunk of the weapon just crumble off and you have to hold it from the side

so if you only have 1 gun in your inventory do you lose 25% of it

does a chunk of the weapon just crumble off and you have to hold it from the side
i'm pretty sure it sells the gun and gives you 25% of the cash

but then you lose 75% of the profits

Dob said we lose 20%, so following that logic the gun would be converted to money and you would take 80% of that money.

new item/resource drop system
there are 5 categories of things
-ore
-crops
-food
-gun
-drugs
Do we drop 20% of our money also?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 03:48:12 AM by Farad »

Dob said we lose 20%, so following that logic the gun would be converted to money and you would take 80% of that money.
Do we drop 20% of our money also?
Gyt says that 10% of your money permanently disappears, another 10% is dropped on death, and between -10% and 10% of additional money can be taken through death tax

i'm guessing with 100% social security you lose 10% of your money total, and with 100% death tax you lose 30%

we're going to forgo testing this week because i took this week off from suburbia mostly. next weekend (8-9) we'll have suburbia ready for testing this time with contracts (pay other players x amount per tick in exchange for any job being done, relies on receiver of contract honoring it), a trade with other players gui, and the export gui. after that we should be basically done. i'm hoping to get suburbia done during or imeditally after my spring break which is the 7th-15th because i got ap testing coming up and i for real have to study for them

Remember AP credit can be used as college course credit, so if you can pass those AP exams it will save you thousands of dollars worth of college clases and possibly a full semester of time (if you're going to college). It helped me even more because it allowed me to skip some of the freshmen enginering weed out classes at my college (by taking AP physics B and C or whatever those are called now). I read the princeton review for AP physics C electromagnetism the weekend before the exam and got a 4/5, but I wouldn't advise doing that unless you have to.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:42:17 PM by Farad »

Player vault bricks for weapons: yes or no? Could either be picked open or something.

Ok I spent a few hours playing one of the old city rpg mods on servo's server and I can't take it anymore. Even the wip suburbia testing where the limits of chaos were discovered was 10x better than the old city rpg.

edit: banned for mounting a pirate cannon on a scooter to blow up walls to reach inaccessible drug bricks and baton them, lol.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 04:26:01 PM by Farad »

Added this to the google doc:

Explain (possibly in the tutorial) how resource storage bricks work. Can other players access your stored resources? What does the ‘set price’ option do (I think I remember seeing an option like this)? Can anything be stored, including weapons, drugs, items, and normal resources like ore and crops?

It would be neat if a chest model was used instead of the 2x4 plate, but that might require more work than it is worth.

next testing session is next sunday starting around 3 or 4 pst. big new features will include a trading and export gui but nothing really much else. suburbia testing should be coming to a close soon. to be for real all of us are tired of working on this and want to get it finished as soon as possible. i don't want to skip out on quality though so everything should be well polished n stuff

Added this to the google doc:

Explain (possibly in the tutorial) how resource storage bricks work. Can other players access your stored resources? What does the ‘set price’ option do (I think I remember seeing an option like this)? Can anything be stored, including weapons, drugs, items, and normal resources like ore and crops?

It would be neat if a chest model was used instead of the 2x4 plate, but that might require more work than it is worth.
the resource/weapon/food sell bricks were not supposed to be in the game. they're from an older version before the global shop was implemented in the character gui. we don't have plans to have resource storage bricks because there's no reason for players to have them

the resource/weapon/food sell bricks were not supposed to be in the game.

Nice!

It was probably best that we didn't test last weekend - probably would've failed multiple tests because I can't not play suburbia. Looking forward to this weekend, get ur britches rdy cause its bout to get dirty on sunday.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 10:49:05 PM by Farad »

update: trade gui

ok so you can trade stuff with other players now. you can ask someone to trade with you by clicking a new tab in the character gui which brings up a ghetto ass player list that lets you select players on the server. that's it

the status on the export gui is forget it i'll do it after testing

good work. after testing you should really take a break and rest your mind

Due to a test Monday I'll have to limit my time on the server to ~40 minutes. Sad.

I'll be a priest or the pope tomorrow so you better start repenting for your sins, praise the lord Jesus amen allah. My phone autocorrects Jesus to be capitalized but not allah, wow. Praise the lord
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 10:45:59 PM by Farad »