Author Topic: What's up with these Steam bots?  (Read 648 times)

recently, i've been getting a lot of steam accounts adding me. they're always offline when i add them, but a few seconds later, they come back online for a split-second and remove me without saying anything, then go back offline. i've had 3, maybe 4 of these bots add me and do the exact same thing, and it's starting to creep me out.

the above image shows the profile of the last bot that added me. i've tried looking it up, but have found nothing relevant.
also note that none of the profiles are private.

anyone else had these add them?

Ugh these annoying little stuffs are in every single CSGO tournament when they drop cases.  You see, when you watch a match on GOTV or even twitch, people create alts to try to get cases, its really not fair to those people who are legit, it pisses me off so much.  Next time you watch a CSGO tournament, or just happen to stop by, look at the viewer list there are names like 17668391857 and 100111100011.

The creators of the bot do this to give their bot more legit traffic so it will fall less in nets that steam has automatically scanning for them. Do the community a favor by reporting them.