Author Topic: Looking for people to work on a weapon pack with  (Read 3847 times)

Thinking about making a near-future weapon pack for the game. Here's an idea of the kind of weapons I'm working on...

If you're an experienced coder and you're interested in helping, you should expect to work with:
  • Raytraced projectiles
  • Weapon animations
  • Ammunition system
  • Armour pickup systems

If you're a sound designer or model animator (or both...), you're welcome as well! Just make sure you show some of your previous work too.

Everyone who works here should also be happy to discuss weapon design concepts and balance ideas. While everyone would have different roles working on the project, anyone is allowed to contribute ideas to the weapon pack.

You can message me for my Steam, Skype or Telegram if you're interested
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 12:21:23 AM by QuantumEagle »

This belongs in suggestions and requests. You're not asking for help with coding, you're asking someone to do it.

This belongs in suggestions and requests. You're not asking for help with coding, you're asking someone to do it.
It's kinda a gray zone, since it's still a discussion regarding modifications, but what the hell.

@QuantumEagle: Maybe someone would like to see some material before investing their time in it.

Maybe someone would like to see some material before investing their time in it.
presumably that's what the last line is about

• Weapon animations
i hope you mean applying animations into states and not actually animating the model

Apologies, it's been a while since I've been here.

i hope you mean applying animations into states and not actually animating the model
I do mean animating the model because I am a horrible person who runs pet dogs over with his bicycle.

I do mean animating the model because I am a horrible person who runs pet dogs over with his bicycle.
this would not fall under a scripter or coder but i'll be willing to help.

what program did you model it in

Don't worry about the animation, I can handle it myself. I just need someone who knows how to reference the animations in the code to make them work or whatever it's called.

I model and animate in Blender.

Do you know how states work with weapons?

Or how to export the animations through blender by naming them?

Do you know how states work with weapons?

Or how to export the animations through blender by naming them?
I'm sure after a quick review (10 minutes) I'll get it. I've done it before.

I don't even. Is this a joke I'm missing?

I don't even. Is this a joke I'm missing?
From my time here, I'm expecting to be met with scorn and disgust at the very idea of animating the model of a weapon with hands.

From my time here, I'm expecting to be met with scorn and disgust at the very idea of animating the model of a weapon with hands.
I think he mean't the part about you running dogs over.

I think he mean't the part about you running dogs over.
He knows.

@QuantumEagle: Maybe someone would like to see some material before investing their time in it.
Have a PDR for the set.