How "party loyal" are you

Author Topic: How "party loyal" are you  (Read 1645 times)

I'm just curious how many people here vote mostly on party
we're talking political not the cocaine snorting competition down the street

Im not very party loyal, moreso just ideology loyal. I vote for people based on their moral values and standards.

Actually stopped giving a stuff about politics since any time I look into it, all the candidates/party come out handicapped.

I would vote for the SNP all the time, but only because their views are good (even though I don't want full independence)

I hate the party system overall. I'll vote (when I'm old enough to, of course) based on the individual's policies, not what name they've given themselves.

generally, im pretty party loyal with the democrats. but if it happens to be martin o'malley vs. john kasich, i would definitely vote for kasich.

Not at all. I'm a registered democrat but I swing back and forth.

generally, im pretty party loyal with the democrats. but if it happens to be martin o'malley vs. john kasich, i would definitely vote for kasich.
Yep, that's in the realm of possible outcomes.

I don't wish to be party loyal, in regards to how I identify myself, or my political beliefs.

However, when it comes to voting, I feel the unfortunate need to be party loyal.
The smaller independent parties which may share more of my personal views are not likely to win.

And in voting for them, I don't provide my support to the bigger party I generally follow, and in turn make it easier for their big opponent to win.
So, because of this, I mainly find myself voting for the larger party who represents some of my views, but not all of them.
Because the alternative is that I help a party who I share very few views with.

This is the downside of a first past the post system, intended for a two-party election.

Eh, depends. I really don't care what party someone is as long as I agree with what they wanna do with the country as close as possible. However, I feel that I'm very Republican even though whenever I take tests I always end up somewhere in the middle between R and D.

In other words, if I'm voting and I don't know who the available options even are, I'll just vote Republican because I feel that I'll likely agree with that side more than a Democrat.

I hate the party system overall.
Just as the famous George before you, George Washington, had thought. I think?!

I also vote more for the party, and their plans for the country as a whole, than I do for the individual representative and what he hopes to achieve for our constituency.

Just as the famous George before you, George Washington, had thought. I think?!

Didn't George Washington wear a Whig though? I'm sorry, and yes I'm kidding

the party is plusgood