my dog is feeling weird

Author Topic: my dog is feeling weird  (Read 1747 times)

k so i was watchin youtube when i heard a loud noise in my parents room.
my dog fell off the bed and he was staggerig, he had to puke (we didnt train him where to and not to puke but for some reason he knows better to puke on floor than puke on bed)
and when he was finished he got up and tried to walk but then he tumbled to the right
and h ran into a wall
he puked 4 times now
i searched it online, apperantly theres a disease that messes with a fluid in your ear which is used to detect motion and balance (its why we get motion sickness in cars)
i assume he started to puke because of terrible motion sickness and it triggered his staggering aswell.

yes hello welcome to the vet my name is dr. gotothevet

oh yeah BLF is totally better than going to the vet

oh yeah BLF is totally better than going to the vet
where did he ask for a diagnosis from us?

he's just talking about it, you guys are dumb

where did he ask for a diagnosis from us?

he's just talking about it, you guys are dumb
well he went straight to the forums instead of the vet

it's 4 in the morning

well he's slowly gettin bettr but i just wanted to discuss about it

i don't know why you're assuming this, maybe his parents are taking the dog rn or perhaps he lives in an american timezone like the majority of people here and
it's 4 in the morning

I suggest calling the veterinary hospital and explain the symptoms to try to get a good diagnosis.  If you go in right away, you may have a co-pay or whatever it's called in veterinary practice.  You will probably have to bring him in anyways.

You could have a point with that idea, but considering that your dog is acting similar to a rabid animal, it would be a good idea to avoid contact with any of your dog's fluids.  Use extreme caution in cleaning up the vomit if this is the case—though it seems unlikely.

» And then I realized it was night.  Not sure if you can get in touch with the vets at this hour.

hes doing better, i think.
also yes i live in america now

Alright.  I would try to confine him in a small area free of hazards so that if he decides to get up again, you won't run as much risk of him running into walls.

he sleeps in a bed with my parents so he's fine
hes sleeping right now infact

Well the point of my post was more along the lines of "Make sure you have safety measures just in case".

I'm guessing your dog ate something that it shouldn't of which would explain the vomiting and wobbling.
He probably threw up whatever it was that was making him feel bad already so at least it's out of him now.
As long as he's getting better I wouldn't worry too much, a trip to the vet in the morning to get checked over would be a good idea.