Poll

Non-admin build saving?

Needed
4 (40%)
Not needed
6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Disable Non-admin build saving?  (Read 1551 times)

I know this has been suggested before, but I'd like to bring back the idea without bumping a year old topic.

I'd really like to have an option to disable/enable a non-admin's ability to save someone else's build on a server. I have a couple of WIPs I'd like to show off, but I'm too paranoid about random noobs stealing my builds.

Could this be made?

I think badspot said its impossible.

Might be possible with client-side code, but then you'd have to get everyone else to DL it.  :cookieMonster:

There already is an option for this it's called "single player".  But seriously no one gives a ice cream about your ice creamty builds so please just play the goddamn game the way it is or panda off and play something else. 

There already is an option for this it's called "single player".  But seriously no one gives a ice cream about your ice creamty builds so please just play the goddamn game the way it is or panda off and play something else. 

I'd really like to have an option to disable/enable a non-admin's ability to save someone else's build on a server. I have a couple of WIPs I'd like to show off, but I'm too paranoid about random noobs stealing my builds.

Thank you, Falcon.

regardless, badspot does not want this feature.

post your wips on the forum (or a google page) show it and add a link or pics in gallery. then noobs who claim it and post in gallery, will be beaten by the date thing...

post your wips on the forum (or a google page) show it and add a link or pics in gallery. then noobs who claim it and post in gallery, will be beaten by the date thing...

That's a good idea. I'll try it.

(dumb that I've never thought of it before.)

I see no harm in making such a mod (if possible).

I think hosts should have the option.

There is no way you can do this, seriously. Unless you post a mod on the forums saying "Download this to stop you saving builds without being admin" which i'm sure everyone will want.

The only thing the server sends to the client when they save is the brick properties I think, like emitters/items/vehicles/lights and nothing else. Do you understand?

Couldnt you just make everyone download it by putting it in a patch or update.

People would mod it back in.

Badspot

• Administrator
Never happening.  You either share your build or don't.  Get used to it, kiddies.